Tribute EA NHL Soundtrack Bracket 41 | Round 2, Group A2

Vote for the better song in EACH of the four pairs

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
Sum 41 - Fatlip: I don't think I've ever heard this. Is this what Punk Rock 101 is about? It's like the Beastie Boys and Blink 182 had a baby that was born with one arm and no eyes. Ahahahaha it just got to the token quiet bit before the last chorus. It's even more predictable than you could imagine.
Treble Charger - American Psycho: I don't remember if I voted for this last time or not. It's a blot less cringey than its competition, so it gets a vote here.

Sum 41 - Makes No Difference: I can't tell if this video is ironic or not. Better than the other song.
Institute - Bulletproof Skin: This title's familiar. Oh, this was from the last round. Easy win. This must be what other people hear when they listen to Deftones.

Autopilot Off - Clockwork: Somewhere in a parallel universe, Rise Against toured with [Generic Pop Punk Filler Shit] in the early days and put out an album full of this instead of The Sufferer and The Witness. For once, I'm glad I live in this dimension.
Dustin Kensrue - I Knew You Before: It got my vote the last time purely for being different. It's happening again. Having a read, it seems the boy's very into Jesus. Good for him.

Anberlin - A Whisper and a Clamor: I'm writing this one second. I think I like this more anyway.
Kaiser Chiefs - Saturday Night: I don't know whether to vote for this because I like it or not to because it beat Manchester Orchestra last time.

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
Autopilot Off - Clockwork: Somewhere in a parallel universe, Rise Against toured with [Generic Pop Punk Filler Shit] in the early days and put out an album full of this instead of The Sufferer and The Witness. For once, I'm glad I live in this dimension.
You know already, but the "album full of this" is obviously that album by Autopilot Off, because all the songs are the same.

Here's kind of an interesting discovery though: Greig Nori, a member of Treble Charger (who have three entries in the bracket) produced that Autopilot Off album, he wrote and produced both these Sum 41 songs, in fact he produced all of their early hit albums, and apparently manages or managed Gob who have 54 songs in the bracket. So basically someone at EA Vancouver knew that one guy from Ontario, and that guy is responsible for about 10% of all the options in these polls.

Reactions: Ceremony

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
You know already, but the "album full of this" is obviously that album by Autopilot Off, because all the songs are the same.

Here's kind of an interesting discovery though: Greig Nori, a member of Treble Charger (who have three entries in the bracket) produced that Autopilot Off album, he wrote and produced both these Sum 41 songs, in fact he produced all of their early hit albums, and apparently manages or managed Gob who have 54 songs in the bracket. So basically someone at EA Vancouver knew that one guy from Ontario, and that guy is responsible for about 10% of all the options in these polls.
This explains a great deal.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL

Wow, didn't know that. Still though, Fat Lip has 104 million views on YouTube and was their first real hit for the main stream audience. He's done wonders for the punk pop genre outside of being in the EA NHL franchise regardless if we all hate or like that specific genre.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad