E3 2017 | Sony and Nintendo

karnige

Real Life FTL
Oct 18, 2006
preorder imo. you can always cancel it. its a win win. games are seriously 80 bucks in canada. so if I can get a game got $50 I really want then why the hell not?

Afino

The Juice
Dec 2, 2003
Orchard Park, NY
Only one time out of probably the last 30 games did it come a day late. And a quick email to them explaining it didn't arrive on the promised date turned into a nice $20 gift card from them, even though it wasn't their fault but UPS. They are very generous on handing out gift cards..

Maybe I should do that next time.

I was late on Pokemon Sun and Moon and then they screwed up the whole Zelda WiiU thing on me.

karnige

Real Life FTL
Oct 18, 2006
Dude, you buy all those games and dont have Amazon Prime?

- Free shipping ON the day the game is released (so you get it the same day it's released in stores)
- 20% all pre orders on video games.

Comes out to $336 before taxes.

Pretty sure walmart doesn't offer that
and with prime their return policy is great. I dont think they even check the box if there is an issue :laugh:

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
I get why preorders are laughed at and the idea why not to do it but like hell Im passing up 20% off or the preorder bonuses to try and take a stand with an anonymous community of people who will never band together enough to stop it.

I generally just wait a year for the price to come down. TitanFall 2, FFXV, Deus Ex, Last Guardian, Battlefield 1, are all around 30 bucks now.

Last year it was Witcher 3, Arkham Knight, Phantom Pain

Even older games like Far Cry and Shadow of Mordor are like 15-20 bucks.

Its generally better to just wait. I couldn't even get through all the games in the library if I tried. I'd be paying to have them sit on my tv set.

The Drop

Rain Drop, Drop Top
Jul 12, 2015
Vancouver
How people still don't understand the benefits of saving money for pre orders is beyond.

:facepalm: paying less is good

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
I prefer Nintendo's approach to conferences this year.

No nonsense, show the games, show gameplay demos.

I don't need all these frills and themes with all the hyperbole.

KingBran

Three Eyed Raven
Apr 24, 2014

I agree. However I do enjoy the live events with an audience and Microsoft and Sony making a "show" out of it.

I still remember when Microsoft gave out a free Xbox to everyone in the audience. How cool was that? Just the little things like that I like.

Nintendo has a great 3DS games sale going on in their store right now. Might have to shore up my VC collection this week.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
I agree. However I do enjoy the live events with an audience and Microsoft and Sony making a "show" out of it.

I still remember when Microsoft gave out a free Xbox to everyone in the audience. How cool was that? Just the little things like that I like.

Nintendo has a great 3DS games sale going on in their store right now. Might have to shore up my VC collection this week.

I wasn't a fan of EA's whole thing, same with Ubisoft and Bethesda's theme was pure cringe.

Smash88

Mar 15, 2012
Ottawa
Why do most of the games have a December 28th, 2018 release date?

They can't all be releasing on the same date?

Last edited:

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL

I was skeptical when Nintendo said they were going to stop with the big keynote speeches a few years ago, but this is a much better way of doing it.

The rest of the companies give you marketing stunts and wannabe movie trailers, Nintendo just does 4 straight days of gameplay. No celebrity hosts or silly gimmicks. Director interviews, streaming gameplay, live game announcements....it's awesome.

The worst thing Nintendo can do is try to play Sony and Microsoft's game. They need to be separate and unique. They're not going to win an arms race against $100 billion corporations, just make fun games and do it your own way.

chicagoskycam

Land of #1 Overall Picks
Nov 19, 2009
Fulton Market, Chicago
chicagoskycam.com
I generally just wait a year for the price to come down. TitanFall 2, FFXV, Deus Ex, Last Guardian, Battlefield 1, are all around 30 bucks now.

Last year it was Witcher 3, Arkham Knight, Phantom Pain

Even older games like Far Cry and Shadow of Mordor are like 15-20 bucks.

Its generally better to just wait. I couldn't even get through all the games in the library if I tried. I'd be paying to have them sit on my tv set.

A year, at least two of those were on sale within 45 days for $30.00. But I agree with your assessment, unless it's the game I have been waiting for I wait for the sale

Leafs at Knight

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 4, 2011
London, Ontario
Because you can game share if you know someone, so you just split every game you play or take turns buying a game. Paying $40 in Canada for new games is pretty sweet.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad