E-Mail from Mike Gillis [To Season Ticket Holders]

Bgav

We Stylin'
Sponsor
Sep 3, 2009
Vancouver
Pretty clear that there needs to be a culture change for this entire organization.

From management and their constant whining to the coach and players and this image of "refs are always out to get us". The NHL has some pretty terrible officials that are largely inconsistent. I thought the officiating in the Sharks series was downright offensive but good teams get beyond that.

The team promotes this powder puff image and I think it has a trickle down effect to the crowd at Canuck games and the players.

The Canucks has a whole need to look in the mirror into the type of franchise they really are. Not respected.

1) The lame intro videos every season showing the Canucks walking about downtown with a coffee in their hand played over some soft music or some type of house music.

2) The inhouse top 40 music. No place for it at a hockey game.

3) The Roger Nielsen statue paying tribute to the Canucks giving up. You want to honor him? cool, think of a better way.

4) The immortalization of Trevor Linden. Give me a break. He has never won anything for the Canucks.

5) The shunning of Bure which is finally being reversed.

They really need to change their image around the league. From a "turn the cheek" franchise to a "not taking this ****" type of franchise.

Great post LS! :handclap:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad