E:60 - The Fist Bump Kid

kytem2

Nov 18, 2003
Ottawa
Visit site
It looks like Adam McQuaid is one great dude.

Here's another one, about a 14 year old kid in Ottawa dealing with a horrific disease. The Senators signed him to a "scouting contract".

This is actually painful to watch...so...

Last edited:

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Thanks ! We have seen Liam quite a few times as he comes down by us for the pre game skate.

What a upbeat positive little guy. You can't help but smile when you see him .

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
I had to laugh when he saw Campbell coming the second time. "Noooooooo!" :laugh: then his revenge after the game. That was cute.

I love that McQuaid is his favorite. The get well card and signing his cast was sweet.

The butterfly child video.....wow. I can't begin to imagine how horrible that must be, and for his family too, knowing there is no cure. That kid is tougher than all the hockey players in the world put together.

Last edited:

SPB2776

Jun 4, 2009
If the Bruins showed a tenth of the heart Liam shows every day, they'd never lose again.

That kid has been through so much and still smiles through every day ... lots of lessons to be learned from him. The world needs more Liams.

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
It looks like Adam McQuaid is one great dude.

Here's another one, about a 14 year old kid in Ottawa dealing with a horrific disease. The Senators signed him to a "scouting contract".

This is actually painful to watch...so...

A friend of mine posted this on his Facebook page the other day. Seeing it again & watching this boy face every day with guts and grace well it makes me feel like a POS for ever complaining about my problems.

Kovi

Feb 11, 2007
A friend of mine posted this on his Facebook page the other day. Seeing it again & watching this boy face every day with guts and grace well it makes me feel like a POS for ever complaining about my problems.

It was breathtaking hearing him speak with courage and eloquence. What a truly brave person
and his mom

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
E:60 "The Fist Bump Kid"

My buddy sent me the link to this today.

http://nesn.com/2015/04/e60-story-about-bruins-fist-bump-kid-will-make-you-smile-video/

"Liam Fitzgerald is a special kid who just happens to be a Boston Bruins fan.

To say the 8-year-old has been dealt a tough hand in life is a bit of an understatement. Liam was born with Down syndrome. If that wasn’t difficult enough, he was diagnosed with acute lymphoblastic leukemia when he was just 4.

Ever the fighter, Liam beat the cancer, which has afforded him more time to do more fun things, like watch sports. More specifically, Liam likes to watch the Bruins.

Liam was lucky enough this past season to go down to the bench for warmups before a Bruins game. He sat at the end of the bench, fist-bumping each player as they left the ice. Video of the adorable interactions went viral, and Liam became something of a celebrity. Trading card company Upper Deck even gave Liam his own card.

Recently, ESPN’s “E:60″ profiled Liam, and it was fantastic"

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad