OT: E:60 "Coming Home" - the story of Dominic and Katie Moore

CHwest

Talent sets the floor, character sets the ceiling.
May 24, 2011
The random unfairness of life can be overwhelming at times. Thanks for posting.

Joe Cole

Jun 17, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
Tragic.

Stories like this shake you and remind you that we are all fragile, and that trivial things like sports, and for the matter, careers, mean little when the life of your loved one is taken from her/him.

I always loved the spirit and energy that Dominic Moore plays with. To me, he is a perfect third line player. He has the speed, grit and tenacity to really change the momentum of a game, and he has the skill to put up some offense. When the Habs had him, I prayed he would stay, but it was not to be.

Coincidentally, I was just speaking about him with my wife. About his story, his wife and his brother Steve.

oleHABSole*

Dominic Moore made his comeback to the Rangers after 18 months on his deceased wives 33rd birthday. * cries *

Jazzped

May 16, 2013
Montréal
I already read the story, but seeing the whole thing in video is even more heartbreaking...

He looks like such a good guy, it makes it even worse. Really loved him as a Habs. His goal in game 7 against Washington, what a great moment....

Thanks for posting.

Mag1328

Aug 9, 2006
Dominic talks about Katie in such an open and comfortable way, I was surprised when I approached him on that topic to see how at peace he was with the whole thing.
He's a great guy… who incidentally never forgot Montreal.

"It seems like it was yesterday that we were both in Montreal. Katie loved taking pictures and she enjoyed Montreal beautiful architecture. She loved being here, she loved the city and she loved the French."

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
Moore was a big part of our playoff drive in 2010. Looking at his career stats maybe there is hope for Louie Leblanc. Both went to Harvard, Moore also schuffled a couple of years in AHL, was 25 before making NHL.

overlords

#DefundCBC
Aug 16, 2008
The City
If anything, I'm surprised he came back so quick. Granted, he wasn't getting younger, but that sort of thing can set people back a hell of a lot more than 18 months.

68*

Who's the ****** that put creatine in my eye drops? :(

RIP Katie Moore.

BLNY

Aug 3, 2004
Dartmouth, NS
Sad story. Dom's a great guy, with the right priorities in life. Hopefully the organization he started in memory of his late wife can save the lives of others.

Stjonnypopo

Rgesitreed Uesr
Jan 26, 2009
Mount Doom
Holy moly, when they walked into the home together it made me tear up. She looked so frail that was so sad.

What an awful experience to go through, Moore's a good guy too, even before all of this I'm sure everyone thought that.

Gary320

Feb 21, 2009
It's truly heartbreaking. I heard about this story before hand, and I was very saddened by the news. Watching this video... yep. Got a little (or very) teary.

Price My Man Crush

Aug 27, 2011
Montréal
:cry:

lie-down-try-not-to-cry-cry-a-lot.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad