Prospect Info: Dzierkals vs Timashov: Head to Head QMJHL Finals

Macallan18

Aug 10, 2015
First game goes to Rouyn-Noranda, Timashov 1 assist, Dzierkals 2 assists and second star of the game (I think, a bit hard to read the stats page).

Last edited by a moderator:

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
A head to head series, who'll come out on top.

It doesn't seem Shawinigan's moves this year to booster their line-up was much of a benefit to Timashov.

Leafs will have someone from the Q at the Memorial Cup.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
Rouyn-Noranda Huskies are the #1 ranked team in the BMO CHL power rankings heading into the playoffs.

Dzierkals odds of playing in the Mem Cup much better than Timashov.

Number13

May 21, 2007
A head to head series, who'll come out on top.

It doesn't seem Shawinigan's moves this year to booster their line-up was much of a benefit to Timashov.

Leafs will have someone from the Q at the Memorial Cup.

Probably good for him to get a taste of being a secondary scorer. I doubt he'll be a first liner in Toronto when he makes it. I think he'll slot into the 2nd or 3rd line when our prospects start making the jump. It's good to see he can produce in that role in the QMJHL on a successful team.

Ropesman

May 1, 2016
Charlottetown
Had a chance to see Timashov play in the second round of the Q playoffs. I was pleasantly surprised with what I seen. The kid has all kinds of skill and speed for days. Not afraid of contact or the dirty areas but what I was most surprised about was the level of agitation he caused the other team. Think Brad Marchand, not saying he is going to turn into as valuable of a player as Marchand but he was just as much of an agitator.

Pyrophorus

Jun 1, 2009
Eastern GTA
Timashov could make it this year, and put Lou into a tougher situation.

I'm a Dzierkals fan, but can he only do this on 16 year olds?

RyanOhReally

Jan 21, 2015
Georgetown, ON
Timashov could make it this year, and put Lou into a tougher situation.

I'm a Dzierkals fan, but can he only do this on 16 year olds?

How does it put Lou in any kind of a negative situation?

Also, the CHL is more of a 19-20 year olds league, less of a 16 year olds league.

Dzierkals has shown that he is a dynamic player. Not an elite, future 1st liner but has definite Top-6 potential and has enough bite in his game to play a bottom-6 role for a Babcock coached team (That is, all four lines are asked to contribute offensively)

Timashov however, looks to be a bonafide future Top-6 player who will benefit heavily next year by playing with the Marlies. Look for him to be on a line with fellow Swede Andreas Johnson (even though Tima is technically Ukrainian). Those two could have incredible chemistry with how they play the game.

Joey Hoser

Jan 8, 2008
Guelph
If your gonna generalize the age group of the CHL, it would be most accurate to say 17-19 year olds. 16 and 20 year olds are rare.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
So with the Knights the favorites from the OHL, and one of Dzierkals or Timashov going to the Memorial Cup, there is a good chance we have 2 prospects playing a big part in their teams going to the Memorial Cup.

Pretty Cool.

FreeBird

Dec 18, 2005
Probably good for him to get a taste of being a secondary scorer. I doubt he'll be a first liner in Toronto when he makes it. I think he'll slot into the 2nd or 3rd line when our prospects start making the jump. It's good to see he can produce in that role in the QMJHL on a successful team.

Marner has more pts by himself than these guys have together in the Q playoffs, as prospects their mid level at best. I would think that if your an A prospect you would have more pts than games played.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
I'm taking Dzierkals on this one. I didn't have confidence in Rouyn-Noranda at the beginning of the season, but they added Timo Meier, Nikolas Brouillard and others to their group. I don't think they'll go very far in the Memorial Cup though.

I expect Brandon to beat Seattle in the WHL finals, then there is Red Deer hosting the thing this year.

Rouyn Noranda may be able to beat Red Deer, but I don't know about London and Brandon (assuming they win as expected). I expect a London-Brandon final, with London eventually taking it all.

SEER

Sep 21, 2015
So many players giving all of us Leafs fans more good news ... and more to think about for the future.. :)

Ice Burning: Dmytro Timashov 2015-16 Highlights - TML

Dzierkal's Rush: Martins Dzierkals 2015-16 Season Highlights - TML

13pacheco31

Jan 17, 2014
So with the Knights the favorites from the OHL, and one of Dzierkals or Timashov going to the Memorial Cup, there is a good chance we have 2 prospects playing a big part in their teams going to the Memorial Cup.

Pretty Cool.

3. You're forgetting about piccinich

Last edited:

blueberrie

Mar 23, 2010
Excellent.. Already have tickets to OHL vs QMJHL in the memorial cup. Just need Knights to pull through.

shelf

Nov 4, 2006
London ONtario
If your gonna generalize the age group of the CHL, it would be most accurate to say 17-19 year olds. 16 and 20 year olds are rare.

At this time of the year 20 year olds arent rare. 3 overagers plus a few '96's that have already had there birthday. In the Niagara/London game 16/38 players were 20 or older.

RyanOhReally

Jan 21, 2015
Georgetown, ON
A good tougher-meaning he'll will have to find a spot for him, as well on the Leafs. 5 rookies/grads will be on the Leafs in my estimation, Timashov will make #6.

He's Marlies eligible. I doubt he makes the jump when he can get regular AHL time. If only we had that going with Marner.

But I gotcha now

Tigerarmy

Aug 1, 2011
R these two leading their teams or just riding along?

Last time I checked a couple of days a go Timashov was 3rd in QMJHL playoffs, right up there with Isles 1st rd pick and linemate Beauvillier. Dzierkals is a complimentary player so far in the playoffs so not quite the impact as Timashov. I see Dzierkals comparable to Timashov in production in a few years time. Dzierkals is very underrated. He should breakout next year

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
Last time I checked a couple of days a go Timashov was 3rd in QMJHL playoffs, right up there with Isles 1st rd pick and linemate Beauvillier. Dzierkals is a complimentary player so far in the playoffs so not quite the impact as Timashov. I see Dzierkals comparable to Timashov in production in a few years time. Dzierkals is very underrated. He should breakout next year

Thanks, just don't have time to follow all the games.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad