Confirmed with Link: Dysin Mayo Signed to a 3 Year Extension ($950k AAV)

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
You know what they say about Rabbits...

:popcorn:

B3A534C5-4F7D-43A5-B05D-141E0128D205.jpeg

Reactions: Edenjung

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011

Good for him. I remember watching him at training about five years ago and he looked really good, then was sent down and never heard of him much and didn't make any splash at training camps after that one. Glad to see he is getting a chance and getting rewarded.

Reactions: Grimes

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
He’s been great. Very surprised at his poise and patience with the puck for a rookie d man. I like this. I imagine its a 1 way deal?
I wouldn't say great, but very steady from what I have seen.

Vinny Boombatz

formerly ctwin22
Mar 21, 2008
Chandler, AZ
I don't think we've ever had as a vanilla player as Mayo...every time I saw him down in Tucson, it was always the same thing...just too vanilla to make it look like he could be doing what he's doing as a pro. Nice for him to get his shot and "raise" his level of play to stick and get a contract.

Nice to see a 5th rounder getting games that we actually drafted.

Reactions: Coyotedroppings

Grimes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2012
Tippet's Doghouse
Shown he can eat minutes and not make mistakes. For 900k that's a great deal because we won't be replacing him with better talent for at least another two seasons. Gives us more room to take on bad contracts, gives a guy who has worked hard a promotion and stability and shows prospects that there are openings which can be had. All around great move.

PainForShane

formerly surfshop
Dec 24, 2019
This is a great signing. Mayo's a decent 2nd pair on most NHL teams (certainly ours). Simple game with no mistakes.

The fact that we got him for under a million cap hit -- given the circumstances obvi we would, but it's still good that we got it done. Also really happy for Mayo that he's sticking in the league, he deserves it.

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Right shot is a nice bonus.

Fun to see a guy take the bull on his first shot when others like Capobianco have had multiple opportunities and still can’t quite make the leap.

Reactions: BAdvocate

Kaibur

Jan 23, 2009
Phoenix, AZ
It's a great signing. If all he does is play like he has in his first 40 games, the contract is excellent. If he improves at all, this could be a really fantastic signing very soon. If he reverts or fades next year, it's no real harm either.

The challenge is that the D corps for next year needs some cap. Especially if they trade Chychrun without cap for next year coming back.

Ghost - $4.5M
Mayo - $950k
Moser - $842k
Soderstrom/Capobianco/Dineen/Kolyachonok - ~$850k

We could ice 7 D-men for under $10M! :eek:

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
It's a great signing. If all he does is play like he has in his first 40 games, the contract is excellent. If he improves at all, this could be a really fantastic signing very soon. If he reverts or fades next year, it's no real harm either.

The challenge is that the D corps for next year needs some cap. Especially if they trade Chychrun without cap for next year coming back.

Ghost - $4.5M
Mayo - $950k
Moser - $842k
Soderstrom/Capobianco/Dineen/Kolyachonok - ~$850k

We could ice 7 D-men for under $10M! :eek:

so a whole D group for less than OEL

0point1

Sep 14, 2011
Arizona
Agree with the consensus here. Practically no risk, some upside potential, and it's nice to reward one our guys we developed.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad