Value of: Dylan Strome to Montreal

HabsFanJosh

Jun 28, 2014
With trade for Stepan and already having Dvorak and Keller, was curious to see what others would think about Strome to Montreal and what it'd take, if even possible.

Last edited:

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012
With trade for Stepan and already having Dvorak and Keller, was curious to see what others would think about Strome to Montreal and what it'd take.

I'm thinking something a long the lines of Gallagher + 2nd.

WHOOOSH!
That's a big swing and a miss, bud. :laugh:

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
Oh my no.

Also there are currently two proposals for both of the Coyotes most important C's in the pipeline to Montreal :laugh:. They aren't available.

slimbob8

Aug 11, 2016
Personally, I don't think getting Stepan changes anything for the Coyotes future. Stepan is at best a 1B center and better suited for a 2nd line role. I'm sure they still have hopes on Strome being their future #1C. The guy put up 75 points in 35 games last year and he's still only 20 years old so there's no reason he can't reach that level in the future. OP is not even close IMO.

JT Kreider

FIRE GORDIE CLARK
Dec 24, 2010
NYC
LOL if we couldn't get Strome for Stepan and Raanta, you aren't getting him for Gallagher and a pick.

Funk21

Mar 6, 2013
Toronto
With trade for Stepan and already having Dvorak and Keller, was curious to see what others would think about Strome to Montreal and what it'd take.

I'm thinking something a long the lines of Gallagher + 2nd.

Edit: holy balls peapple, this is a "value of" thread, not a proposal. Stop taking mine so seriously, because I clearly did not intend this thread to be a proposal! FFS.

You need to keep thinking, stop, then thinking long and harder again. What is it with these awful awful proposal from every Habs fan. The guy was a number 3 OA pick two years ago, Just won MVP of the Memorial Cup in 2017 and received the trophy for leading scorer of the Memorial Cup in 2017.

Look if MB wants to get a bonafide 1C/2C if they believe needs to be slotted in at 2C (which I actually believe he can be until he builds his game up). Sombody like Duchene, it will likely cost a couple of 1st because right now the cupboard is pretty bare. Not even sure that would do it because those are likely to be late first round picks.

RABBIT

wasn’t gonna be a fan but Utalked me into it
jq6tkj.gif

nope

HabsFanJosh

Jun 28, 2014
You need to keep thinking, stop, then thinking long and harder again. What is it with these awful awful proposal from every Habs fan. The guy was a number 3 OA pick two years ago, Just won MVP of the Memorial Cup in 2017 and received the trophy for leading scorer of the Memorial Cup in 2017.

Look if MB wants to get a bonafide 1C/2C if they believe needs to be slotted in at 2C (which I actually believe he can be until he builds his game up). Sombody like Duchene, it will likely cost a couple of 1st because right now the cupboard is pretty bare. Not even sure that would do it because those are likely to be late first round picks.

It's not a ****ing proposal thread. I'm trying to gauge value. Stop, read, then read again. That might help you when dealing with people in forums.

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
I personally dont like Strome. Too slow. I wouldtn want him on the first line. I would prefer something clearly better but if MB cant do anything then sure why not.

BTW i wasnt talking about the proposal. Gallagher's value is badly perceived on HF after his poor season. He is worth more than what HF thinks.

CHaracter79

Apr 21, 2014
I don't think Gallagher has the value you perceive..

I dont think he has the value that you perceive. Im sure Gms around the league would kill to have him.

I wouldnt trade him for Strome, who may become something big.. but not right now. We need a right now center

Kaibur

Jan 23, 2009
Phoenix, AZ
It's not a ****ing proposal thread. I'm trying to gauge value. Stop, read, then read again. That might help you when dealing with people in forums.

Now that you understand Keller is a winger, does it make more sense why there isn't really a trade that would move Strome to Montreal? The Yotes want Strome on his ELC. The Yotes picked him at the highest pick they've ever had and they knew they needed a potential 1C, so they rolled the dice on Strome over Marner and Hannifin. Now that they've put the 2 years into his development, they're not going to trade him unless it's a slam dunk trade. The hope is that Stepan/Dvorak/Strome can solidify the center position for the next few years.

Advanced stats

May 26, 2010
I dont think he has the value that you perceive. Im sure Gms around the league would kill to have him.

I wouldnt trade him for Strome, who may become something big.. but not right now. We need a right now center
I'm out. If you wouldn't trade Gally for strome, we're too far apart to debate this.

CHaracter79

Apr 21, 2014
I'm out. If you wouldn't trade Gally for strome, we're too far apart to debate this.

I wouldnt do it now.. habs have a window of 3-4 years and we need a 1 or 2 C now. not in 2-3 years.

Strome is a fine player... and his value is higher then gallaghers... but it doesnt fit the win now need the habs have

HabsFanJosh

Jun 28, 2014
Now that you understand Keller is a winger, does it make more sense why there isn't really a trade that would move Strome to Montreal? The Yotes want Strome on his ELC. The Yotes picked him at the highest pick they've ever had and they knew they needed a potential 1C, so they rolled the dice on Strome over Marner and Hannifin. Now that they've put the 2 years into his development, they're not going to trade him unless it's a slam dunk trade. The hope is that Stepan/Dvorak/Strome can solidify the center position for the next few years.

Absolutely makes more sense. Considering I don't follow the Yotes and am no longer under the impression that Keller has bypassed Strome on the depth chart for centres, I have to agree that Montreal definitely does not have the assets to land Strome.

StevenB

Oct 7, 2014
North York
Could have had the decency to involve at least a 1st lmao

2i27y9s.jpg

^^^For those of you who watched the episode, Arizona's response to this

Joannie9

Aug 10, 2009
:shakehead

Obviously it would at least take Galchenyuk to get Strome... And even then, I don't know why ARI would do that...

slimbob8

Aug 11, 2016
I wouldnt do it now.. habs have a window of 3-4 years and we need a 1 or 2 C now. not in 2-3 years.

Strome is a fine player... and his value is higher then gallaghers... but it doesnt fit the win now need the habs have

Team needs go out the window when asset A >>> asset B. Your GM would need all of 2 seconds to agree on a Gallagher for Strome swap you can be sure.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Arizona knows what their players are worth. You can stop trying to pick them off in threads.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad