Dylan Strome rumor

Kocur26

Limousine Ridin’
Jul 30, 2021
“The Post has also learned the Blackhawks have quite naturally talked to the Rangers about Dylan Strome. Ryan Strome’s younger brother, Dylan has been a scratch for Chicago’s first four games of the season. There has not, however, necessarily been a link to Kravtsov.
Dylan Strome, 24, was selected third-overall by the Coyotes in 2015, and had 57 points in the 2018-19 season, during which he was traded to the Blackhawks, with Brendan Perlini, for Nick Schmaltz. The center posted 38 points in 58 games in 2019-20 and 17 points in 40 games last season. Strome, who will become a restricted free agent after the season, carries a $3 million cap hit.“
Larry Brooks
NYP

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
It would be truly poetic justice if we rescued the career of yet another Strome.

That said, I’d only be interested in him for this season. If we can’t afford Ryan we can’t afford Dylan. And teams don’t generally trade for RFA players only intending to keep them for the season. It just doesn’t work with the cap.

So really I’d only be game if the cost was extremely low.

LokiDog

Get pucks deep. Get pucks to the net. And, uh…
Sep 13, 2018
Dallas
Another incomplete Strome. It would be ironic. Neither is a truly a complete top six center, neither is fit for bottom six role and, with Ryan needing a new contract, we’d be unlikely to keep both. We’d acquire one Strome to likely have him replace the other Strome going forward, and in doing so, probably rescue his career as well by putting him in his brother’s old spot with Breadman.

Row I Goon

Nov 14, 2018
Acquiring Dylan is the equivalent of “upgrading” your Trabant for a newer Trabant….

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
I'd pick him up for the season and see what happens. The team has cap room and I'd be perfectly fine with them spending some on a 24 year old skilled center who has proven the ability to put up points in the NHL. As I said before, he is the same age Ryan was when the Rangers brought him and Ryan had to slightly reinvent himself here. It's worth a shot if the cost is a Reunanen or Gettinger. Sign him at the end of the year if he fits well, trade him or just don't re-sign him and allow for him to go UFA. All are okay options but the team would have 75 games to determine that.

Reactions: Bluto

pld459666

Feb 27, 2002
Danbury, CT
Warts and all, the kid has some skill.

Lafreniere Zibanejad Kakko
Panarin Strome Chytil
Kreider Strome Goodrow
Blais Rooney Reaves

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
He would provide good depth for this season, especially if Kravtsov is moved for a prospect/pick combination. In a year with COVID plus the normal injuries I'd prefer to have a guy like D Strome and Gauthier hanging around than to keep calling up McKegg

Rempe73

RIP King of Pop
Mar 26, 2018
New Jersey
We need a 3C who can skate and play defense. Strome can’t do either. I prefer Ryan. At least we know he’s a “capable” 2C.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Doesn’t make sense at all bUt BrOtHeRs. Can’t afford to keep either of the Stromes next offseason so unless this is a self rent and renouncing RFA rights…. Doesn’t make sense.

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019
Dylan Strome doesn't bring the grit or physicality that Ryan does. Too soft for a bottom 6 role, not skilled enough for a top 6.

JCProdigy

Apr 4, 2002
I want what I want
Yeah, after Drury (and Gallant) talked about defined roles, being harder to play against, and also how they may feel about Blais as a 3rd vs a 4th liner, I don't see how Dylan fits on the team. Would be a weird addition.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Does nothing for us.

This team doesn't need a forward. Even with the injuries and the Kravtsov drama we still have Barron not even playing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad