Proposal: Dylan Strome (+) for Anthony Mantha

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

The Official Ghost of Space Ghosts Monkey
Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base
Mantha for Dach, 1:1, fair value to both teams?

Det. isn't adding, that's for sure. Dach is a nice piece, but still young & unproven.

Yzerman loves character...I read last summer, that when he interviewed Dach & 1st question was "So, I heard you smoke weed?" (more of a statement though). We don't need partyboys on our squad, we got enough problems.

Dach+2nd for Mantha & (Chi) cap dump, 1yr, <$4.5M seems ~fair, but I wouldn't do it as a Det. fan, Mantha's #'s, including advanced stats over the last 80gp+ have been elite.

Reactions: DatsyukToZetterberg

Pia8988

May 26, 2014

Det. isn't adding, that's for sure. Dach is a nice piece, but still young & unproven.

Yzerman loves character...I read last summer, that when he interviewed Dach & 1st question was "So, I heard you smoke weed?" (more of a statement though). We don't need partyboys on our squad, we got enough problems.

Dach+2nd for Mantha & (Chi) cap dump, 1yr, <$4.5M seems ~fair, but I wouldn't do it as a Det. fan, Mantha's #'s, including advanced stats over the last 80gp+ have been elite.

No. It isn't even close. It's even farther apart when you factor in Dach is exempt from the expansion draft. Dach is going to be an absolute animal when he gets to his NHL size.

TheDachKnight

Formerly known as TPOEJ6489
Aug 16, 2014

Dach is untouchable barring a massive overpayment. Mantha straight up is not that overpayment.

Ishad

Jun 2, 2010
No to Strome. We really like Mantha and we want to see what we have in Veleno and Ras before making a trade.

As for Mantha for Dach, lol we would be adding a ton.

thesaadfather

Kneel Before Saad!
Jan 30, 2014
Ohio

No, not happening.

TheDachKnight

Aug 16, 2014
& Vice Versa, Mantha for overpayment or nothing. Guess neither team approves 1:1, which is understandable from both POV's.

Is there interest in Strome for something else? Mantha doesn’t work, but you guys could use a young 2C.

BlueBaron

May 29, 2006
Sarnia, On
What would be needed in the add in your opinion
That is tough to answer. I don't see them trading Mantha.

When you look at a rebuilding team like the Red Wings if I am GM I of course want to give you as little as possible.

A quick glance at CapFriendly shows me they have 2 D under contract with 1 RFA, so they arent offering a D and no wants those goalies.

Glendening might be a useful asset they could part with. I doubt they want to move any of the 25 and under guys

What they do have is draft picks. So I might start with something around Washington's 2nd rounder. I'm not sure if his value is much higher (I'm not really a trade proposal guy) than that but you have a few older throw in forwards they could add, and retain on in some cases, that might be useful to Chicago.

Another angle to look at it might be what Cap dumps could Detroit take? That might be the way to go.

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
BARF to Dylan Strome for Mantha! The plus would have to be significant as not convinced Dylan Strome is anything more than just an ok 2nd/3rd liner.

Reactions: DatsyukToZetterberg

TheDachKnight

Aug 16, 2014
That is tough to answer. I don't see them trading Mantha.

When you look at a rebuilding team like the Red Wings if I am GM I of course want to give you as little as possible.

A quick glance at CapFriendly shows me they have 2 D under contract with 1 RFA, so they arent offering a D and no wants those goalies.

Glendening might be a useful asset they could part with. I doubt they want to move any of the 25 and under guys

What they do have is draft picks. So I might start with something around Washington's 2nd rounder. I'm not sure if his value is much higher (I'm not really a trade proposal guy) than that but you have a few older throw in forwards they could add, and retain on in some cases, that might be useful to Chicago.

Another angle to look at it might be what Cap dumps could Detroit take? That might be the way to go.

His value is higher than a 2nd. I’d say at least a late 1st and a good prospect. Seabrook would be the cap dump we’d want to get rid of. I completely understand if that’s a non-starter. Aside from that, if no young players are involved, there isn’t likely a deal to be made between our two teams for Strome.

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
His value is higher than a 2nd. I’d say at least a late 1st and a good prospect. Seabrook would be the cap dump we’d want to get rid of. I completely understand if that’s a non-starter. Aside from that, if no young players are involved, there isn’t likely a deal to be made between our two teams for Strome.

Blue Baron isn't a Wings fan. Seabrook would be doable, but the price would have to be so uncomfortable that the Hawks don't even want to touch it.

Reactions: TPOEJ6489

TheDachKnight

Aug 16, 2014
Blue Baron isn't a Wings fan. Seabrook would be doable, but the price would have to be so uncomfortable that the Hawks don't even want to touch it.

I completely didn’t read him referring to the Wings as them. But yeah, that’s pretty much what I figured with regards to Seabrook. I think the most I’d do to get rid of him is Strome, Beaudin, and Seabrook for a late pick. His contract sucks, but I’d rather just sit on that contract for the next few years or at least until a buyout or trade becomes more palatable than mortgage the future for cap space.

Reactions: Oddbob

BlueBaron

May 29, 2006
Sarnia, On
I don't really have a horse in the race, I just observed Strome seemed like a nice #2 C for them but knew Mantha was too much to ask.

Reactions: TPOEJ6489

Mick Jagr

Nice guy, tries hard, loves the game.
Jul 11, 2009
Peterborough, ONT
twitter.com
Mantha will be a Red Wing for at least the next 7-8 years IMO. At 25 years old, he's one key piece you can still build around. He'll be slightly older when the Wings are a real team, but he'll still be in his prime. No need to move him, especially when you have nothing but cap space to play with.

I do agree that the Wings need to look for a good 2 C option though. Long term, Fabbri makes a better winger and Fiippula isn't getting any younger. Could Joe Veleno eventually be that guy?

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

The Official Ghost of Space Ghosts Monkey
Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base
redwings fan thinking Dach for Mantha 1 on 1 is fair. LOL.
Re-read it: "Mantha for Dach, 1:1, fair value to both teams?" ...Trying to gauge the trade value perception of the board. There's not one to be made, both teams value their piece, as they should. Although 1 is virtually unproven (Dach), so if anything, give your head a good shake, sit in the corner & reflect on what you've said. Time out for you.

Also, MTL will never win a cup with Price & Weber. In fact, the Red Wings will likely win 1 before MTL does lol.

TS Quint

I can see!
Sep 8, 2012
From the start I disagree That Strome has a higher upside than Mantha. Mantha is also a rare commodity in that he drives play from the wing which throws the brain dead HF narrative that “Centres have more value than wingers 100%of the time”.

In my opinion Mantha is better than Strome in every way and he makes everyone he plays with better as well.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad