Dylan McIlrath

Status
Not open for further replies.

AIexisLafreniereNYR

Registered Drug User
Jan 25, 2009
New York City
I just wanted to make a thread due to his performance this season, although he has only played 10 games this season, yes its limited, but he makes very limited mistakes, handles his size quite well, has a nice shot and is a fairly damn good skater for his size. And oh yeah, he'll be the most feared player in the game, if he isn't already.

So going 10th overall, missing out on Vlad. He's looking like a solid pick so far when everyone including myself has counted him out.

:yo::yo:

Reactions: Filthy Dangles

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
Color me suprised. Normally big physical D drafted high dont work out. Great for him. His tool kit is great with that size

Hopefully Reinhart follows suit

caymanmew

May 18, 2014
Ottawa
he does not even have a point yet

i know he is a D but still i don't see how this is post worthy. unless we make a habit of posting ever time a prospect has 10 decent games to start their career

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
Evertime I see a post or thread regarding this guy, I think of Pierre McGuire upset that Cam Fowler/Brandon Gormley were still available. Good times.

AIexisLafreniereNYR

Registered Drug User
Jan 25, 2009
New York City

i know he is a D but still i don't see how this is post worthy. unless we make a habit of posting ever time a prospect has 10 decent games to start their career
The main reason why I made this a thread is the fact that everyone practically scratched him on his chances to be an NHL player, and considering he was drafted so high. Ranger fans considered him as a waste and wouldn't amount to anything. So for him playing like a top-4 defensemen at a young age is making him become a laughing stock to a fan favorite.

His role is not to put up points, he's not a offensive d or a forward.. He plays a physical, and plays a solid defensive game. The points will come in spurts.

He's 23 and has developed into quite a player. Young defensemen don't make a impact right away, and he's making an impact on the Rangers d line.

Igor Shestyorkin

#26, the sickest of 'em all.
Apr 17, 2015
Moscow, RUS

He's never been projected to be a huge point getter.

It's post worthy because in his ten games, he has been the Rangers 2nd best d-man. :laugh:

He's also been an advanced stats darling. He had a +21 corsi last night. :nod:

Defensively sound, has a nice first pass, physical, good skater for his size, poised.

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia
He's a guy I was hoping would be exposed to waivers. He's got limited upside, but he should be a good bottom pairing guy for a long time. That said, no he won't be the most feared player in the league. Those are guys who are more mobile and play big minutes

Igor Shestyorkin

Apr 17, 2015
Moscow, RUS
He's a guy I was hoping would be exposed to waivers. He's got limited upside, but he should be a good bottom pairing guy for a long time. That said, no he won't be the most feared player in the league. Those are guys who are more mobile and play big minutes

I think he meant "most feared" as in physically imposing. A guy that you don't really want to piss off. :laugh:

Vipers31

Advanced Stagnostic
Aug 29, 2008
Cologne, Germany
I was browsing for opinions on his play a little earlier on the Rangers board. Saw someone taking him over Fowler. Decided to leave as quietly as I came.

giphy.gif

Reactions: Filthy Dangles

AIexisLafreniereNYR

Registered Drug User
Jan 25, 2009
New York City
He's that player you need on your team knowing if you go after a star or a young player. Just know "The Wrath" is coming for you. ;) He'll be a valuable piece even if he only becomes a bottom pairing dman.

Igor Shestyorkin

Apr 17, 2015
Moscow, RUS
He's that player you need on your team knowing if you go after a star or a young player. Just know "The Wrath" is coming for you. ;) He'll be a valuable piece even if he only becomes a bottom pairing dman.

I still believe he has the potential to be a good top 4 d-man. at least a #4.

sean3250

Feb 7, 2015

Your gonna want more value than that from a 10th overall pick. Seems like a wasted pick, unless he becomes a legit top 4 guy.

AIexisLafreniereNYR

Registered Drug User
Jan 25, 2009
New York City
I still believe he has the potential to be a good top 4 d-man. at least a #4.
Depending on if his offensive game develops, he can be top 2 dman. But I do not want to overrate him, he's playing well, I just want the rest of the league to take notice that this kid is no joke. He'll be good, but how good? We'll find out!

AIexisLafreniereNYR

Registered Drug User
Jan 25, 2009
New York City
Your gonna want more value than that from a 10th overall pick. Seems like a wasted pick, unless he becomes a legit top 4 guy.
Ehhh, not really. Most first round picks do not make the NHL, if he can become a NHL regular, that'll be success. I'll be happy if he is a heart and soul, tough player that protects the team and plays a solid defensive role.

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012

Taking a gander at 2010 draft

El Nino- solid pick but probaly a Beniot Pouliot type career
Connolly- Bottom sixer type career
Burmistorv- Bottom 6
Campbell- Back up goalie maybe?
Gormley- Bottom pairing
Forbort- cant comment

Bottom line/ bottom pairing is pretty unique in this range. Only Fowler/Schwartz/Tarasenko seem to have top line upside (they are at it)

Bottom pairing would be good, but hes still got top 4 upside

Samuel Culper III

Mr. Woodhull...
Jan 15, 2007
Texas
I just wanted to make a thread due to his performance this season, although he has only played 10 games this season, yes its limited, but he makes very limited mistakes, handles his size quite well, has a nice shot and is a fairly damn good skater for his size. And oh yeah, he'll be the most feared player in the game, if he isn't already.

So going 10th overall, missing out on Vlad. He's looking like a solid pick so far when everyone including myself has counted him out.

:yo::yo:

This thread is absurd. 10 games. He has not proven a thing and he isn't looking like a solid pick. He is still a question mark who will probably be a mean #5/6. That isn't a very solid #10 overall.

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
This thread is absurd. 10 games. He has not proven a thing and he isn't looking like a solid pick. He is still a question mark who will probably be a mean #5/6. That isn't a very solid #10 overall.

Ive always maintained it takes 5 years for the draft to play out before you can re-evalute. So 5 years later hes doing solid in the NHL. 10 games is still something. Hes rocking a 52% FF% so he must be doing something right

Hes also been good in the AHL I understand

sean3250

Feb 7, 2015
Ehhh, not really. Most first round picks do not make the NHL, if he can become a NHL regular, that'll be success. I'll be happy if he is a heart and soul, tough player that protects the team and plays a solid defensive role.

Fair enough. Good luck to him.

Taking a gander at 2010 draft

El Nino- solid pick but probaly a Beniot Pouliot type career
Connolly- Bottom sixer type career
Burmistorv- Bottom 6
Campbell- Back up goalie maybe?
Gormley- Bottom pairing
Forbort- cant comment

Bottom line/ bottom pairing is pretty unique in this range. Only Fowler/Schwartz/Tarasenko seem to have top line upside (they are at it)

Bottom pairing would be good, but hes still got top 4 upside

Other notable first rounders that year include Fowler, Bjugstad, Hayes, Kuznetsov, Coyle, Brock Nelson.

luki here

Jan 30, 2011
Vienna

He played very well vs the isles. Was possibly even the rangers best defender (had a bad giveaway though too). Was very surprised by him, whom i have seen as a bust up to now. Let's see how he developes...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad