Injury Report: Dylan McIlrath (1/6: Skated without problem )

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
BRB is complaining again about a Rangers player? Shocked, shocked I tell you! The guy's handle is hilarious in light of his posting habits.

Bleed Ranger Blue

Jul 18, 2006
BRB is complaining again about a Rangers player? Shocked, shocked I tell you! The guy's handle is hilarious in light of his posting habits.

Ha. Notice I never complain about the coach or the goaltending -- like some people. I somewhat admire your ability to constantly post despite being so wrong on such an array of subjects. Keep it up, sport.

broadwayblue

Mar 4, 2004
NYC
I think people need to learn what "sunk costs" are. The pick we drafted him in is a sunk cost. We can't do anything about it. No use *****ing about what pick we took him, that ship has sailed. If he develops into a good, tough top 4 D-man we have a good player. Would he be worth a top 10 pick? Probably not. But what's the use of *****ing about it? You can't redo the draft. Just take him for what he's worth now, who cares where he was drafted?

What are your expectations for the #10 overall pick? In the three drafts prior to us selecting Dylan, Magnus Pääjärvi, Cody Hodgson and Keaton Ellerby went 10th. Obviously you are hoping for a 1st liner or 1 pairing D, but honestly, what percentage of the time does that happen at pick 10?

NYR425

Sep 30, 2005
I hear all this talk about Fowler and have this question. How the hell was Fowler supposed to play on the Rangers? Fowler is a lefty, we had when he was drafted Staal, McD and Del Zotto, all play the left side and all were 24 or younger. If we drafted him, he would not have been playing in the NHL that is for sure. You all need to stop the whining and complaining and move on. At the time of that draft Fowler and NYR were not a good fit. As far as Tarasenko, it was risk and reward. Would I have liked to have drafted him, sure but a player like McIlrath is rare. I was told a few days before the draft by a friend of mine who works in the organization what they were going to draft. I posted it here and the complaining started then. Go back and check the draft thread from that year. 3 or 4 years from now I believe Dylan will be a fan favorite at MSG and a second pair shutdown Defenseman. He will make the whole team bigger and be very tough to play against. Teams will take notice of when he is on the ice and where he is. The other teams will not be comfortable when he is on the ice. Nobody will be taking the liberties they do now with Ranger players. He will make us a better team because of what he brings to the table.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
What are your expectations for the #10 overall pick? In the three drafts prior to us selecting Dylan, Magnus Pääjärvi, Cody Hodgson and Keaton Ellerby went 10th. Obviously you are hoping for a 1st liner or 1 pairing D, but honestly, what percentage of the time does that happen at pick 10?

You may be right. I think the issue is drafting a player at #10 whose ceiling is 2nd pairing D-man most likely is an issue with a lot of people.

JerseyRangers*

Wanted to bump this to see if anyone has heard anything. Its been two weeks since the injury. Obviously the fact he's not playing indicates this is more than a minor knee injury. Anybody go anything? Please let us know!

Mikos87

Mar 19, 2002
Visit site
Wanted to bump this to see if anyone has heard anything. Its been two weeks since the injury. Obviously the fact he's not playing indicates this is more than a minor knee injury. Anybody go anything? Please let us know!

Nope nothing announced. Could be something major that is being downplayed.

A long term injury is going to create for some long term woes and moaning on this board.

Whatever, the case is, I'll be rooting for Dylan to make a quick recovery and getting back on track. If a few more months of training and exercise make him mature physically into that 240 LBS athletic specimen that he's supposed to be, then there is a shiny silver lining at the end of the tunnel.

DudMan28

Jan 30, 2013

Most minor Knee injuries will take 2-4 weeks. No reason to try and rush back one of your best prospects either. Hope he takes his time and comes back when he is 100% ready.

JerseyRangers*

Thanks everyone who replied for your help. Nice to hear that he's walking around without a limp. Let him take his time and get to 100%.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad