Dylan Larkin vs Kyle Connor

Larkin or Connor?

• Total voters

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
Connor likely scores more points. He is in a terrific situation for the Jets playing in a loaded top 6, although Larkin did outscore him last year, and for EV production Larkin had a pretty great year given the terrible team. I think Larkin will be more valuable though given his play at C.

Big Ed

~
Feb 5, 2011
Connor likely scores more points. He is in a terrific situation for the Jets playing in a loaded top 6, although Larkin did outscore him last year, and for EV production Larkin had a pretty great year given the terrible team. I think Larkin will be more valuable though given his play at C.
Larkin's gonna have Zadina and Hughes on his wings soon though.

jetsforever

Dec 14, 2013
I'd probably take Connor as a player, but Larkin's a centre so might be a better pick

780il

edm
May 29, 2018
Edmonton AB
Larkin. Better 2 way player, and doesnt need to play with a 90 point winger/ppg center on his line to produce.

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
Larkin has become a really good passer. If hes in Winnipegs top 6 I would bet a pretty good amount of money he would outscore Connor while bringing more defensive value and intangibles. Theyre both really good young players though

ijuka

May 14, 2016
I have to say Connor's better.

He's not exactly benefiting from Scheifele and Wheeler, it almost is the other way around, with him having been the best player on the line.

Connor's like MacKinnon lite.

heretik27

Apr 18, 2013
Winnipeg
TIL Connor is carrying Scheifele and Wheeler.

He's not carrying them (as that would imply they need to be carried), but anyone who thinks he's a passenger on that line hasn't watched much of them. Fits their play style like a glove and drives the play in the offensive zone every bit as much as Scheifele and Wheeler.

Reactions: The Big M

ffh

Jul 16, 2016
Larkin drafted 1 year earlier. Connor look to be on pace for around 70 points more then Larkin last year. Looks to be a better goal scorer also

Reactions: The Big M

Saitama

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 20, 2010
Winnipeg
Connor has been amazing even when Sheifele and Wheeler aren't anywhere near the puck. He's not carried by them in the slightest.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
Can’t go wrong here, but I’ll take Connor by a slim margin. I think Larkin is more comparable to Ehlers and I think Connor is on the verge of becoming an elite player.

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
Larkin drafted 1 year earlier. Connor look to be on pace for around 70 points more then Larkin last year. Looks to be a better goal scorer also

Switch their teams and tell me Connor is the better player.

DCarriere

Mar 15, 2014
Winnipeg, MB
TIL Connor is carrying Scheifele and Wheeler.

If you actually watched a Jets game, you'd be able to tell that Connor is 100% dictating the pace for that line right now. I personally don't think it's a stretch to say he has a serious shot at being the Jets' leading point getter this year.

Reactions: Warm Cookies

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
It seems not many people here watch Kyle Connor if they think he's a passenger and a bad two-way player.

The Red Line

Oct 11, 2010
It seems not many people here watch Kyle Connor if they think he's a passenger and a bad two-way player.

Nobody said either of those things. Why do people feel the need to do this?

Some pointed out that Connor plays with better linemates than Larkin, which is undeniably true, nobody actually said he was a passenger on that line.

Also not one person called him bad defensively. They just pointed out that Larkin is better than he is defensively, which, while harder to quantify, is also likely true.

Why twist things around?

VoluntaryDom

Formerly DominicBoltsFan / Ⓐ / ✞
Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL
Larkin is actually pretty bad defensively. However one look at their supporting casts shows Larkin to be doing what he does with much less help. Larkin for me.

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
Nobody said either of those things. Why do people feel the need to do this?

Some pointed out that Connor plays with better linemates than Larkin, which is undeniably true, nobody actually said he was a passenger on that line.

Also not one person called him bad defensively. They just pointed out that Larkin is better than he is defensively, which, while harder to quantify, is also likely true.

Why twist things around?

Based on what?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad