Proposal: Dylan Larkin + for Pettersson

F A N

Aug 12, 2005
You can have Raymond too, just cuz.

I'm actually not a fan of Raymond but you came here and asked us what would be a fair offer. I gave you what I think is a fair offer.

You seem to think it's ridiculous but the asking price for Eichel is apparently at least 4 assets that is the equivalent of a 1st round pick. For UFA aged star players the asking price is often a young roster player + top prospect + 1st round pick (i.e. 3 assets). I'm not trying to be unreasonable here. You can't expect the Canucks to part with Petey without an overpay.

Petey is very much the equivalent of Eichel without the neck issue. You can also likely be able to sign him for a better deal than what's remaining on Eichel's contract (5 years at $10M per - Eichel also has an NMC that kicks in next year).

I like Larkin but he's not a 1st line C. I also really liked Seider at the draft but c'mmon he's a 1st pairing shutdown Dman at best and more likely a 2nd pairing defensive Dman. I liked Edvinsson too but he's hardly a sure thing. So the Canucks could easily end up with a 2nd line C + #4 defensive Dman + bust + 1st round pick in this deal.

Blue and Green

Out to lunch
Dec 17, 2017
I also really liked Seider at the draft but c'mmon he's a 1st pairing shutdown Dman at best and more likely a 2nd pairing defensive Dman.

I think Seider is an outstanding prospect and expect him to become one of the best defencemen in the league.

F A N

Aug 12, 2005
I think Seider is an outstanding prospect and expect him to become one of the best defencemen in the league.

I like Seider a lot. But expecting him to become one of the best defensemen in the league? That's really high praise. I just don't see him being a #1 Dman who puts up 45+ points. I mean I'm not trading Petey for a young Jonis Brodin + 1st.

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
I like Seider a lot. But expecting him to become one of the best defensemen in the league? That's really high praise. I just don't see him being a #1 Dman who puts up 45+ points. I mean I'm not trading Petey for a young Jonis Brodin + 1st.
Seider's SHL season was the d-man version of what Pettersson did there.

F A N

Aug 12, 2005
Seider's SHL season was the d-man version of what Pettersson did there.

Really? Pettersson led the SHL in scoring and set a record for most points by a U20 player in the SHL regular season. He also led his team in goals and points in the playoffs on his way winning the SHL championship and MVP award. Did Seider do that?

I'm well aware that Seider won the top Dman award and his production rate was off the charts, but Seider finished behind Gelinas in goals and points in both the regular season and in the playoff. In fact, he was tied for third on his team in scoring among Dmen. Again, I really like Seider. I'm just not convinced that he'll be a higher end offensive producer on the backend. There's certainly a lot of hype about him so we will see.

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
Really? Pettersson led the SHL in scoring and set a record for most points by a U20 player in the SHL regular season. He also led his team in goals and points in the playoffs on his way winning the SHL championship and MVP award. Did Seider do that?

I'm well aware that Seider won the top Dman award and his production rate was off the charts, but Seider finished behind Gelinas in goals and points in both the regular season and in the playoff. In fact, he was tied for third on his team in scoring among Dmen. Again, I really like Seider. I'm just not convinced that he'll be a higher end offensive producer on the backend. There's certainly a lot of hype about him so we will see.
Defenseman equivalent of forward performance isn’t necessarily measured in pure scoring.

F A N

Aug 12, 2005
Defenseman equivalent of forward performance isn’t necessarily measured in pure scoring.

I'm just pointing to the differences. Petey won Rookie of the Year, regular season MVP, and playoff MVP awards.

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
Nah sorry. I am not taking the chance on a player with regression. And I love Larkins compete and skill, but there has been regression.

we have been doing it within this organization for 7 damn years hoping this organization can be a place where players flourish, when in fact they continue to regress, and I am not giving up the best player on this team regardless of the sweetener.

Reactions: ChilliBilly

Blue and Green

Out to lunch
Dec 17, 2017

I saw skills and physicality from Seider that a young Jonas Brodin could only dream of having. He's more like Charlie McAvoy in a larger body.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad