Dylan Holloway - Highlight Vid

OilerSuperstar17

Oct 5, 2012
I'm liking the pick more and more. Skilled power forwards, that actually use their size physically, don't exactly grow on trees... so I'm on board with Holland's selection. He should make the team harder to play against with his style of play and I look forward to tracking his progression. The kid hits like a truck.

Feel free to share anywhere you wish, as I don't do social media. Enjoy!

I had been saying it all along. If we didn't end up with Askarov, and even if Jarvis and Quinn were there at 14, I would've taken Holloway over those 2. Kids a stud and he's exactly what this team needs going forward. He'll be a point-per-game player in college this coming season, that's a spoiler alert.

Reactions: snipes and Oilhawks

Aerrol

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Sep 18, 2014
I'm liking the pick more and more. Skilled power forwards, that actually use their size physically, don't exactly grow on trees... so I'm on board with Holland's selection. He should make the team harder to play against with his style of play and I look forward to tracking his progression. The kid hits like a truck.

Feel free to share anywhere you wish, as I don't do social media. Enjoy!

Now this is what we needed to turn around the mood here on the pick - a fitter video! Great work as always. I already was on board with the pick but this is a great selection for why he fits our needs so well.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Now this is what we needed to turn around the mood here on the pick - a fitter video! Great work as always. I already was on board with the pick but this is a great selection for why he fits our needs so well.

Big, tough, excellent skater with skill, and he’s a good Alberta boy. A lot to like with this kid. Good character and strong competitive drive as well.

Let’s not kid ourselves hockey is a physical sport and intimidation still is part of the game. The reason they won this year as well is they were far and away the most physical team in the playoffs. When the Lightning finally took a blue collar approach rather than playing pure skill they ended up winning it all.

I think Holloway is probably in the NHL sooner rather than later. Maybe a year or two max, he’s pretty physically developed already.

Reactions: Oilhawks and tabs

Anarchism

John Henry
May 23, 2019
northern alberta
Big, tough, excellent skater with skill, and he’s a good Alberta boy. A lot to like with this kid. Good character and strong competitive drive as well.

Let’s not kid ourselves hockey is a physical sport and intimidation still is part of the game. The reason they won this year as well is they were far and away the most physical team in the playoffs. When the Lightning finally took a blue collar approach rather than playing pure skill they ended up winning it all.

I think Holloway is probably in the NHL sooner rather than later. Maybe a year or two max, he’s pretty physically developed already.
That video sure makes for great optimism....and what you see there is why we made the choice....
Optimism on his potential ....if he reaches anywhere close to it ...he becomes an ideal 1lw for Connor.....
But he certainly is a more risky choice than Mercer or even Schneider....perhaps not as risky as Lapierre but certainly far more raw....
Granato's input most likely had a lot to do with it too.

tabs

Oct 30, 2009

All the talk during the draft was that he’d need at least one more year in college and then at least a year in the A. Do you think that’s based on his lower point totals last year playing behind Turcotte and Caufield? Would a PPG season in college accelerate that timeline? I’m not too familiar with the college point total equivalents so it’s hard for me to have any sort of gauge on the kid. I do like what I’ve seen so far though.

Anarchism

John Henry
May 23, 2019
northern alberta
Hope we get fairly linear development with this KID.....but to play the type of game he plays he will need his man strength on him ....at least 1 college and 1 in the AHL....maybe more ....but at this point his upside is tremendous....

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Hope we get fairly linear development with this KID.....but to play the type of game he plays he will need his man strength on him ....at least 1 college and 1 in the AHL....maybe more ....but at this point his upside is tremendous....

I'm not sure how much more weight he'll be adding to his frame as he's already 200ish lbs. Strength for sure but I think that he's more physically mature than a lot of kids entering NHL drafts. I think that the main thing for him is to translate his offense to the NCAA level this season and then we'll see how far off he is from the NHL.

Reactions: snipes

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad