Dylan Guenther rookie season

Jared Dunn

Dec 23, 2013
Yellowknife
I heard that the new SLC owner preferred an expansion franchise as opposed to inheriting the Coyotes.

What is he smoking?

Keller, Cooley, Guenther, Hayton, Maccelli.

These are some great young pieces well beyond anything he would've gotten in an expansion draft.
Yeah they have a couple foundational pieces already in place, a boatload of picks in the next few years and probably the cleanest cap situation possible this summer. I think owners think they're going to get the next Vegas but teams seem to have learned their lesson regarding expansion draft trades. Coyotes have built a promising future they just needed competent leadership at the top and it looks like they'll finally get that, but in Utah

Toby91ca

Oct 17, 2022
44GP
17G
33P
118 SOG

how underrated of a rookie season is this kid having? Wouldve surely been a finalist for the Calder.
Well...this isn't his rookie season though right? Even if he played the full year and had 100pts+ he wouldn't be eligible for the Calder from what I can tell.

BonMorrison

Jun 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
you must have looked really hard... The Coyotes 2023-24 Training Camp is one of the first things to pop up in the search when you just type "Guenther" in it and look for posts before 2023-10-15 and has plenty of posts about him just not being ready.

Some quotes:
Guenther didn't show a ton, having him learn to carry a line in the ahl seems like a good thing

I thought Guenther had a spot to lose. I guess I was wrong.
He did. He lost it lol

Guenther is talented, but I would've sent him to Tucson too. He needs big minutes in the AHL, not the NHL. He also needs at least 10 lbs of muscle. He's simply just not ready.

You can find more, if you look for it.

lmao I thought you meant he literally didn't show up, nevermind.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Yeah they have a couple foundational pieces already in place, a boatload of picks in the next few years and probably the cleanest cap situation possible this summer. I think owners think they're going to get the next Vegas but teams seem to have learned their lesson regarding expansion draft trades. Coyotes have built a promising future they just needed competent leadership at the top and it looks like they'll finally get that, but in Utah
The lead time between Expansion plans and the ED was low. Plus, teams were giving out NMC like candy which ended up biting teams. Ana gave one to Bieksa and would have had to buy him out to open up a protection spot.

When it was time for SEA, most teams edited their NMC that they handed out after the LV ED to ensure that they were not stuck with someone with a NMC that they were not wanting to protect.

Main thing with the Coyotes is that they have kids in the 19-21 range due to the drafts from 2021 - 2023 already developing. Whether they actually do get to their desired goal remains to be seen.

I mean, people thought LA was on the right track then they made 2 big trades and Campbell underperformed. Likes of Ott, Buf still not getting it done. Detroit is at least going to come down to the wire.

Caboose

Jan 16, 2019
This guy's entire career is going to be a painful consistent reminder of what Canucks fans had to endure during the Benning Era.

P.S I love Garland, but not at the cost of Guenther and 7 years of OEL buyout. Brutal.

Reactions: Yasuo

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad