☠️not a homer☠️
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
Phase 4 HMV
200.gif

Ollie Weeks

the sea does not dream of you
Feb 28, 2008
Pretty excited to see what he does with a (presumably) full season of games next year.

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
42GP
15G
16A
31P
110 SOG

how underrated of a rookie season is this kid having? Wouldve surely been a finalist for the Calder.
Sure but we have Conor Garland right?

No disrespect to connor but I was choked at the time of that deal.

Yasuo

Sep 7, 2016
Was not he compared to Kyle Connor a few years ago? Look like he can be that type of player in his prime.

Reactions: Summer Rose

sting101

Feb 8, 2012
Wow is he good.

Fitting for a Guenther thread that i ask the question the worst GM in the salary cap era is?

Reactions: Summer Rose

samabam

May 3, 2006
Munich
Is that what happened? I can't find anything on this and see he has pre-season stats.
you must have looked really hard... The Coyotes 2023-24 Training Camp is one of the first things to pop up in the search when you just type "Guenther" in it and look for posts before 2023-10-15 and has plenty of posts about him just not being ready.

Some quotes:
Guenther didn't show a ton, having him learn to carry a line in the ahl seems like a good thing

I thought Guenther had a spot to lose. I guess I was wrong.
He did. He lost it lol

Guenther is talented, but I would've sent him to Tucson too. He needs big minutes in the AHL, not the NHL. He also needs at least 10 lbs of muscle. He's simply just not ready.

You can find more, if you look for it.

HFpapi

Mar 6, 2010
Toronto/Amsterdam
I heard that the new SLC owner preferred an expansion franchise as opposed to inheriting the Coyotes.

What is he smoking?

Keller, Cooley, Guenther, Hayton, Maccelli.

These are some great young pieces well beyond anything he would've gotten in an expansion draft.

Reactions: Aaaarrgghh

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
I heard that the new SLC owner preferred an expansion franchise as opposed to inheriting the Coyotes.

What is he smoking?

Keller, Cooley, Guenther, Hayton, Maccelli.

These are some great young pieces well beyond anything he would've gotten in an expansion draft.

Probably why he's going through with the sale. The Yotes are in a very very favourable position for an owner who is willing to actually spend.

- A good young roster with guys like Keller, Schmaltz, Cooley, Crouse, Guenther, Macceli, McBain, Doan, Hayton, Raty, Geekie, Lamoureux, But, Lutz, Simashev, Hrabel. Lots of good young players on that team some locked up already for a couple years, some a couple years away.

- Projected $41.25 million in cap space this offseason for an owner looking to likely make a splash and generate some excitement for the team and some decent FA's potentially hitting the market like Stamkos, Reinhart, Guentzel, Marchessault, Monahan, Toffoli, etc.

- 3-1st round picks including a lottery ball this year, 10-2nd round picks and 7-3rd round draft picks over the next 3 years to either make some picks or trades.

I have a feeling that the Yotes as a franchise are no longer going to be a lame duck team that budgets it's way through every season and is perpetually rebuilding. Smith by all accounts is going to be willing to spend with this team and I think if he can sell the players on turning things around he has a good shot at getting quite a few of them to stay.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad