Recalled/Assigned: Dylan DeMelo 1/20

sr228

Sep 16, 2007
I wonder if he'll actually get to play.

I'd certainly like to see him over Hannan on the right side.

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
I wonder if he'll actually get to play.

I'd certainly like to see him over Hannan on the right side.

I think he will get at least a few games if he's good enough and if Braun is really out for a long while, I don't see them keeping a favored prospect on the bench for the next month.

sr228

Sep 16, 2007
I think he will get at least a few games if he's good enough and if Braun is really out for a long while, I don't see them keeping a favored prospect on the bench for the next month.

Mueller should be back with the big club soon so unless they continue to carry 8 d-men, it seems unlikely DeMelo will stick around for very long.

Levie

Mar 15, 2011
Vlasic - Burns
Dillon - Tennyson
Hannan - Irwin

Is what I think Tmac will do.

Or....
Bench Burns for the lols.

Vlasic - Tennyson
Dillon - Demelo
Hannan - Irwin

We are so winning the cup.

do0glas

Jan 26, 2012
Eh 210 said the same of Tennyson. Not saying he won't suck but he could just as easily be good. Just wait and see.

Negatively Positive

Mr. Longevity
Mar 2, 2011
The Sharks' next 3 games are against LA, Anaheim, and Chicago. The coaching staff will stick with their old "reliables" against those teams. DeMelo will likely get sent down for Mueller in a few days. I think Mueller has a good chance of playing against Anaheim after the break depending on how he does in Worcester and how badly Irwin and Hannan gets worked by LA.

sr228

Sep 16, 2007
The Sharks' next 3 games are against LA, Anaheim, and Chicago. The coaching staff will stick with their old "reliables" against those teams. DeMelo will likely get sent down for Mueller in a few days. I think Mueller has a good chance of playing against Anaheim after the break depending on how he does in Worcester and how badly Irwin and Hannan gets worked by LA.

The coaches don't have enough old 'reliables' to throw out there since they don't seem to trust Irwin or Tennyson all that much, though I'd be shocked if DeMelo played vs. LA.

Worcester has 3 games this week so it's entirely possible Mueller is re-called before the Sharks return to the ice vs. Anaheim (or they can leave him there for the entire two weeks) next Thursday and hopefully become a regular seeing as he's their 4th best d-man right now.

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
I respect 210's opinion a lot but he has been overly negative about a lot of our prospects off late. I guess we will wait and see.

To be fair, there's been very few good prospects lately and even Tennyson hasn't been that great. If anything, only Abeltshauser and Tierney are prospects that I don't think 210 has said anything particularly negative about and they just so happen to be the only ones that I think are noteworthy.

sr228

Sep 16, 2007
Can those that follow the W Sharks give us that don't a scouting report on DeMelo.

I seem to like DeMelo a bit more than most but admittedly I'm probably a bit biased because I've been watching him play for a long time and I'm really rooting for him.

His game in a nutshell - he's pretty good when the puck is moving towards (and in) the offensive zone but he has some issues defensively.

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
I seem to like DeMelo a bit more than most but admittedly I'm probably a bit biased because I've been watching him play for a long time and I'm really rooting for him.

His game in a nutshell - he's pretty good when the puck is moving towards (and in) the offensive zone but he has some issues defensively.

Defense bad enough to be a dealbreaker? Puck movement forward enough to make up for defensive issues?

I guess those are more or less the same question.

sr228

Sep 16, 2007
Defense bad enough to be a dealbreaker? Puck movement forward enough to make up for defensive issues?

I guess those are more or less the same question.

I think most people know my feelings on d-men, give me a d-man who can skate, move the puck and possibly contribute offensively with some defensive issues over a guy who is good in his own end but can't get out.

That said, as of right I don't think he's an NHL level d-man but his game has improved quite a bit since being moved next to Abeltshauser.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $8,351.00