OT: Dying Rangers Fan Needs Your Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
Just saw this on Facebook and thought it would be good to share here...

My dads dying from cancer. I need to get him to a rangers game asap, to meet the players. Please donate!

Im a 14 year old girl. My dad is loosing the fight to cancer. His biggest dream is to meet the rangers. All he wants to do is meet them, we need to meet, or surpass our goal for fundraising. With all the medical costs, we cannot afford the tickets to a Rangers game at MSG. My dad is on hospice, he has a feeding tube. My dad has been a rangers fan for 20+ years. Please donate to help get him to MSG and ultimatley meet the Rangers!

http://www.giveforward.com/fundraiser/y362/getmydadtomsgtomeettherangers

Sounds like a good cause, hopefully us Rangers fans can come together and help meet their goal. :handclap:

Punxrocknyc19*

already posted this on the NYR facebook.. does anyone have connections to MSG or NY Rangers?? please lets make this persons dream come true.. its not fair that he losing his fight to cancer...

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
This tugged at my heart, I put up a donation. All the Best!

That donation you gave was very generous, and the amount was a nice touch. Glad to see people coming together (especially Islander fans!) to help this family out! :yo:

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
I don't mean to sound insensitive, but has this story been vetted? I'm skeptical by nature.

Wolfy*

I don't mean to sound insensitive, but has this story been vetted? I'm skeptical by nature.

I also wonder why she didn't just write a letter to the Rangers. Maybe they could arrange for both a meeting and a few free seats.

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY

I vetted it. The lead organizer on the fundraising site is this girl Mari Atkinson, her facebook has photos of her dad on it like this one...

5312_526912964027810_195018465_n.jpg

MDIsles

New Era
Oct 24, 2011
DE Beaches for now
I posted this to my facebook. It would be great to get to the $1000 ASAP. After all, sports are just for fun and no matter who we root for; we are all in this world together, not to get all sappy.

1Knee1T

Jun 29, 2008
Donated and put it up on Facebook. It looks like it could hit the target before it ends which would obviously be great.

Krams

Feb 13, 2012
Never understood the Asham hate. Honestly, one of my favorite Rangers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $150.00