Player Discussion Dwight King

The Nightman

Plateaued User
Aug 13, 2006
I'm sure Bergy would have loved to have signed this guy for 4 years. Didn't offer us anything though. Horrible trade and an even worse job done by our pro scouting staff.

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
Well, playoffs are over. He's a UFA and now he can GTFO. He never wanted to come here anyways. Not implying he sabotaged us intentionally... his lack of skill, effort and lack of obvious grit and sandpaper did that for him.

schnapshot

Mendoza baby
Jan 8, 2015
Montreal
I'm sure Bergy would have loved to have signed this guy for 4 years. Didn't offer us anything though. Horrible trade and an even worse job done by our pro scouting staff.
Yeah, really wonder what they saw in him honestly.

How they thought he would be a good fit in this lineup and style of hockey is beyond me.

Phenom

Grind deez guyss - Michou
Jan 16, 2015
Montreal
Worst Habs of all time. Disgrace. Go back to LA u slow ass pathetic untalented fat piece of ****.

Bloumeister

Meister Mojo Rising
Apr 30, 2010
Planet Of Sound
twitter.com
Stupid GM traded for a player that did no want to come here and now you guys are surprised that he is crap ... ?

0 points in 6 playoffs games for the gritty, physical, big body, hard to play against, playoff performer Bergervin acquisition.

Don't worry fellow hab fans, there will be a new Dwight King to take his place once he is gone.:laugh:

C5tKBc_WUAAv-D_.jpg

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
The only one of those I have a deal with is the 2 2nds for Shaw and the subsequent 6 year 24 million dollar contract he received afterwards.

well the point is if you don't draft anybody you wont ever get anybody.

Yeah it's rare to get a good player after the 3rd round but it does happen. IN the last 20 years we got those guys after the 3rd round :

Markov 6th round
Ryder 8th round
Halak 9th round
Streit 9th round
Grabovski 5th round
Gallagher 5th round

So that's 6 good players in 20 years. And the jury is still out for the last 3 or 4 of those years. So that's on average 1 good player every 4 years (maybe more if we get a late bloomer in the last 3 or 4 years). If you give all those picks for nothing it's not good. And well King and Ott are not much imo. Ott tried at least something that can't be said about King.

MB gives a lot of picks. There's no denying that. And the farm ****. That's one of the worst farm i've ever seen personally.

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
They add up. 2 good 2nds for Shaw, 4th for King, 6th for Ott...

Exactly.

Amazing that some people just don't get how cap systems work... Name of the game is asset Management. The best of the best get that and are strategic about every asset ( which is not the same as saying they win every trade).

MB has shown himself repeatedly to be poor at accumulating picks, managing prospects and wasting assets on players that contribute little or nothing before being gone.

He's just not a very good GM, at least not if the expectations are elite performance from that role.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad