Dutch Gretzky still haunting the Bruins from beyond the grave

PricePkPatch*

Bruins board is comedy gold, I'm running out of popcorn.

Their recent trades are really catching up to them. They filled their team with players that could play within their system but traded the most skilled players they had. Marchand must be the most skilled Bruins as of now, sadly for them. He's a good player but I wouldn't want to count on him to be the most creative player offensively. They lack a real gamebreaker to be a top team again. Ironically Seguin and Kessel are both in the race for the Rocket trophy as of now.

Although i have to say, this Bruins poster is scary lucid and smart:

Do any of you seriously believe the Habs would have given a **** if Lucic tried to fight Subban? You know what would have resulted? Lucic would have went to the box with Subban, Montreal would have gotten a PP, and they would laugh themselves all the way to the bank. As always.

It's not that the Bruins don't intimidate anybody. They NEVER intimidated the Habs. They never have, under the Julien era. I don't know why people think that. Why do you think they give us trouble so much, especially Subban? Because they aren't intimidated. Even when they had Horton, and Thornton, and Ference, and yada yada. The year they won the cup. The Bruins didn't "intimidate" the Habs. They barely got by them after being down 2-0 and and 3-2 in the series and won game 7 in overtime. Stop whining about the Bruins being "soft" and all that crap. You aren't going to intimidate the Habs. You never have, and you never will, at least under this regime. They laugh at us because that's how we try to beat them. With "intimidation". They feed off of that fake crap. Because it makes us do stupid things and react like goons, and then they just pop a few in the back of the net. How about you beat them by scoring some ****ing goals. We had two fights last night and we lost 5-1. Get over yourselves and your ridiculous self-righteousness. :shakehead

Luckily for us, he was slammed down pretty hard by other posters. But he seems to call it pretty close to home.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Oh... well, as long as your opinion is humble. :laugh:

The news are decided by a committee. These posts are people's individualized writing. We all have control over what we post. I was merely suggesting that some people use what's between their ears before pressing the "submit reply" button.

Apparently, it was too much to ask in this case as well. Figures.

Apparently you go too far again and that figures...

Please by all means have at an individual post but it is very much an insult to sound off in the general manner that you did it is frankly quite disrespectful.
It's as if the opinions of others are beneath yours somehow.

I agree there is a "johnny come lately element" to every discussion/argument but there are also staunch advocates for either side who haven't wavered in years. The opinions of others need to be respected or this board may as well go ahead and shut down.

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
The Bruins intimidate ABSOLUTELY no one. When Montreal can go up against the Bruins and play the Bruins old style and win easily, you know the day has come for a philosophy change in Boston.

I think Julien might be on the outs soon. He's not the right coach for how they're transitioning, just like Therrien isn't the right coach for the team we have.

Brainiac

Registered Offender
Feb 17, 2013
Montreal

Luckily for us, he was slammed down pretty hard by other posters. But he seems to call it pretty close to home.

Pretty close?

Dude, that post was like hitting a homerun in NY and have the ball landing on the 'alt' key on Zuckerberg's keyboard in LA.

Talk about being spot on. :laugh:

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
As much as I hate seeing players injured in fights, I absolutely loved seeing Campbell and Fraser get clocked, and that one of their D has a separated shoulder from a meaningless scrap.

Eventually this crap catches up to you. You can either be goons and lose hockey games, or you can be a good team and lose your regulars if you participate in meaningless fights.

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
You can't trade 2 top 10 scorers for quantity and get away with it. It will catch up to you sometime, and that's what's happening.

Trading Kessel cause of cap issues and a good return? Sure. Trading Seguin was just stupidity though and will haunt them for years.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
You can't trade 2 top 10 scorers for quantity and get away with it. It will catch up to you sometime, and that's what's happening.

Trading Kessel cause of cap issues and a good return? Sure. Trading Seguin was just stupidity though and will haunt them for years.

It was the Seguin after Kessel move that reeked.
I'm still trying to figure out who was ultimately to blame...
The kid had no one in his corner?

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
It was the Seguin after Kessel move that reeked.
I'm still trying to figure out who was ultimately to blame...
The kid had no one in his corner?

You hear people say he was moved because of attitude and partying, and you hear stories about not having a spot for him at centre. Well, the first one is stupid because Marchand is a rat who parties just as much if not more and the not having space for him at centre? Please, he's better than Krejci who makes 7 million ****ing dollars.

FlyingKostitsyn

Mar 7, 2008
Quebec

He's spot on. What is being said about skill is also true.

The only time the Bruins were really challenging for the Habs is when they had Seguin, Horton. They started finally beating us when Kessel came to his own.

Speed and talent kills us, not grit.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal

The only time the Bruins were really challenging for the Habs is when they had Seguin, Horton. They started finally beating us when Kessel came to his own.

Da Dump Da Chase Da Grind Da Plan :laugh:

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham

Seguin was not that important when he was with them. And they became better when Kessel left.

Look the Habs dominated the Bruins when Kovalev was there and it turned around when they decided to become the big bad Bruins and when Lucic came into maturity. Then he destroyed Komi and the domination was complete and they lost the monkey off their backs.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
I think the guy is out to lunch. The Bruins never intimidated the Habs?

2011 never forget.

No there were maybe two years there where we sucked against them and that was it.
During those two years the Bruins legend was born thanks to our good friends west of Kingston. :laugh:

They were quite taken with the Bruins for some reason? :help:

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
Excuse #1 Claude:

Schedule bugs Julien: The Bruins play the Canadiens four times this season and each game is on the tail end of a back-to-back set for Boston. “I’m disappointed to play on the second night of back-to-backs, they only have it once against us when they play the night before. With big rivalries like that, you’d rather have both teams as fresh as possible (to) give the best game possible. Unfortunately, that’s not something we control. You move on and do the best you can.â€

OMG, I hate Clode so much, I'm drinking your tears, fool! :laugh:

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
No there were maybe two years there where we sucked against them and that was it.
During those two years the Bruins legend was born thanks to our good friends west of Kingston. :laugh:

They were quite taken with the Bruins for some reason? :help:

Well I would love to go revisionist cause I hate the Bruins but saying that the Habs were "never intimidated" by the Bruins is not true. The matches were great cause of that very fact, cause the enemy was intimidating and they wanted to kill us. That is why it was so rewarding winning those matches. Cause you face the ultimate bully.

FlyingKostitsyn

Mar 7, 2008
Quebec
Seguin was not that important when he was with them. And they became better when Kessel left.

Look the Habs dominated the Bruins when Kovalev was there and it turned around when they decided to become the big bad Bruins and when Lucic came into maturity. Then he destroyed Komi and the domination was complete and they lost the monkey off their backs.

2008-09 is when the Bruins stopped losing every game to the Habs (it had been going on for years).

Top scorers Bruins 2007-08 :

Savard 78pts
Sturm 56pts
Chara 51pts
Kobasew (lol) 39pts
Kessel 37pts
ect..

Top scorer Bruins 2008-09 :

Savard 88pts
Krejci 73pts
Kessel 60pts (and 36 goals!)
Ryder 53pts
Chara 50pts
Wideman 50pts
Wheeler 45pts
Kobasew 42pts
Lucic 42pts
Bergeron 39pts (in 64gp)

You see my point I hope. Pre 2008 the Bruins were an offensively challenged bunch, there were talented guys like Bergeron but overall the forward depth was bad. The emergence and acquisition of several talented players over the years changed that. They started beating the Habs because they got more talented and faster than us. The trend has been reversing once again as the Bruins forgot what brought them that cup in the first place.

Lucic beating up Komisarek was symbolic, but thats not how they started scoring goals against us. I don't buy the ''big bad bruins'' folklore, you win hockey games because you are a better team, not because you flex muscles. Just remember last years playoffs, the Rangers and their speed were so much more dangerous than the bigger but comparatively sluggish Bruins. Our game was just not adapted to face a team quicker than us.

Mike Mike Caron

Aug 29, 2010
Leafs fan here

Grats on tonights win. It was one of the first non Leafs games I've seen this year. You guys got a good shot at the division and would be tough for anyone in the playoffs. Idk why you guys rip on MT so much, I think he is an underrated coach. Nevertheless, grats.

Any coach in Montreal would be labeled as a clown after two seasons.

Moen is Gone

@MoeninGlory
Feb 13, 2007
Grenoble
twitter.com
Some things never change

klAS5qt.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3