Sponsor
Jul 5, 2004
Kitchener
ENORDXpWoAIwrGQ.jpg

• Love
Reactions: KrisLeturnover

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
I uh interesting. Probably about the best third goalie you could get, for whatever it's worth, but...

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
Just means he is getting paid more in the AHL. Not uncommon to give veteran 3rd string goalies one-way contracts to play in the AHL.
I'm really struggling to think of/find examples of that happening on purpose. We did it on accident with DeSmith when Rutherford couldn't move Jarry, but teams doing it on purpose?

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
I'm really struggling to think of/find examples of that happening on purpose. We did it on accident with DeSmith when Rutherford couldn't move Jarry, but teams doing it on purpose?
Pickard got a 2 year one-way deal with Detroit when they still had Howard & Bernier. Hutchinson did with Toronto a few years ago. Toronto gives a lot of their AHL players one-ways though probably because they can afford it and their farm team is in Toronto too so the cost of living is high for them.

The minor league side of two-way deals is going up and up so might as well just make it a one-way at such an important position. Especially after what happened in the POs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad