Dustin Penner's 2013-2014 point total prediction

Lord Flashheart

Squadron Commander
Jul 21, 2011
Leipzig/Zg
Saw a Heatly vs. Penner talent "discussion" and remembered we had this poll.

Games Played-Total Points-Goals-Assists
67-35-14-21
48-32-13-19 (ANA)
19-3-1-2 (WAS)

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
Looks like the majority were right. Although he did play at a 40-50 pace.

snarktacular

Aug 2, 2005
Penner probably could have done a lot better if he didn't get lazy but that's an if that he will probably never overcome.
Well if I had a million dollars than I would be a millionaire, but alas it isn't so by definition. :sarcasm:

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
It was really weird with Penner. He got from playing 10 minutes a game at the start to 23 points in 24 games and playing 18-20 minutes a night before falling off a cliff.

Not sure if he just got lazy but he certainly got worse. We could really use a near PPG big player to play with Getz and Pears, you know...

Hopefully Heater will do well, we`ll see.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
I thought he got lazy. He's a great player when engaged but he just doesn't have that work ethic. He'll work hard in spurts, get complacent and go back to being lazy Penner again.

Getzmonster

Jul 24, 2014
I thought he got lazy. He's a great player when engaged but he just doesn't have that work ethic. He'll work hard in spurts, get complacent and go back to being lazy Penner again.

I like Penner and was looking forward to his return, but when he showed up to camp last year out of shape and sat out the season opener, that pretty much told me what to expect. Yet another coach had to light a fire under his rear end. He had a good run for a couple months then fizzled (lack of conditioning? Lack of motivation?)

That was a guy looking to play on the top line with the twins and re-establish his NHL value yet shows up to camp like that. Compare that to Heatley, who may or may not succeed this season, but has shown up in reportedly some of the best shape in recent years and looks hungry and motivated. With Penner I have to wonder if the off-ice distractions have been and will always be an issue with him. Frustrating player.

snarktacular

Aug 2, 2005
It could be also bee poor off-season motivation that leads to poor in-season fitness which prevents him from being effective in-season (rather than being lazy in-season).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad