Injury Report: Dustin Byfuglien

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
He might be alright. Hopefully he's alright... our back end would be devastated to lose him

Usually he doesn't take the optional skate. Maybe he's testing out the injury or lack there of

yea not sure how to take the news.....obviously its good in the sense he is able to be out on the ice testing it but its a concern in that he usually doesn't do the optional skates especially with not being 100%

for now I will view the glass half full part of this and go with my initial reaction which is that this is a positive sign for now.

I really wish we would still have Arturs Kulda in our system I can't help but feel like he would be a really solid option right now and this would be his shot to prove himself. After all he was a lucky number 7 (th) round draft pick which means you are a lock to make our team ;)

peg

Jul 8, 2010
Rick Ralph ‏@RickRalphTSN

#nhljets Noel says Buff and Miettinen are day to day. Buff skated today. Miettinen did not and is not likely for the game against the NYR

Gnova

CowboysR^2
Sep 6, 2011
Jetland
did we though? Are we getting 50% Buff (which I think we've had the past 4 or 5 games), or are we getting close to 100% Buff? He's been non-existent since coming back from the initial injury, after starting off on fire.

Buff isn't the same without Enstrom.

Roooski

Sep 21, 2011
I think alot of it since his return from the initial injury is no Enstrom. They may have asked him to reserve himself as they need him to be in a more defensive role now. But then again when has he ever pulled up on the reigns.....could still be nursing an injury and obviously will be now.

BrokerD

Apr 13, 2012
I love Buff, but I think they need to get him into a serious flexibility program or something. He looks so rigid out there much of the time...

Man, with the way our Defence has been decimated this year its really a wonder the Jets have managed to do as well as they have.

Buff has not been the same since his injury a few weeks ago. You can tell that his speed and agility is not what it was when the season started. That said, he is a warrior IMHO. I believe Huddy and the trainer persuaded Buff to call it quits during the Devil's game. He wants to play, even if it means he has to on one leg..... which he has been since he returned from injury IMO.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
I agree with those who say Buff hasn't been the same since returning from his injury. He may be day-to-day but who believes he will be 100% if he plays tomorrow? I also don't by Buff's current injury is separate from his previous injury. he looked like a guy who aggravated something that was already bothering him. How ridged and awkward he looks, a back or groin injury comes to mind.

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
I agree with those who say Buff hasn't been the same since returning from his injury. He may be day-to-day but who believes he will be 100% if he plays tomorrow? I also don't by Buff's current injury is separate from his previous injury. he looked like a guy who aggravated something that was already bothering him. How ridged and awkward he looks, a back or groin injury comes to mind.

I still say he's playing in front of the net on the PP not because it's some new way to generate offense, but because Buff just isn't mobile enough right now to rush the puck or hustle back if need be. I hope this doesn't nag him all year but I'm afraid it will.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $25.00