Dustin Byfuglien personal LOA

Status
Not open for further replies.

BobEssensa

Jun 16, 2011
I was the guy who had initially heard that Buff was thinking about retirement. I don't really want to post here how I heard about it since I can't verify how good the source is, but if you're really curious, just PM me I guess.

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018
This city's like a great big chicken that's about to get plucked.

ruffled-chicken-looking-backwards-the-plummer-kennedy-conspiracy.jpg

DannyGallivan

Your world frightens and confuses me
Aug 25, 2017
Melonville
Why? Because we love to speculate. :laugh:
No, we hate to speculate. Unfortunately, the Jets give us no choice but to speculate 100 per cent of the time. Transparency is a dirty word with this organization. I can understand that they shouldn't share Buff's personal dirt, but give it to us straight. This is just too vague.

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
No, we hate to speculate. Unfortunately, the Jets give us no choice but to speculate 100 per cent of the time. Transparency is a dirty word with this organization. I can understand that they shouldn't share Buff's personal dirt, but give it to us straight. This is just too vague.

They've said his family is fine and it's not an injury. I don't know how much more open you want them to be on it.

Trinity

Dec 12, 2017
They've said his family is fine and it's not an injury. I don't know how much more open you want them to be on it.
To me rehab would be considered an injury. So I think it's either retirement or a fishing trip.

DannyGallivan

Your world frightens and confuses me
Aug 25, 2017
Melonville
Do they expect him back at all. If they can't say, then say that's a possibility. I don't like Maurice's glib "Meh, no big deal" response when it obviously is a big deal. You don't ask for a leave of absense on the first day of work for nothing, so clearly it is "sinister".

Reactions: sipowicz

blues10

Dec 10, 2010
Canada
Not sure if this has been mentioned but would there be any chance Buff was going to fail his physical? This gives him some more time to get ready?

Would this even matter?

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014
Well unless you saw his skating this past week, you really don't know this.
Well technically, none of us know anything at all. Speculation is fine, let's just not start thinking any of it is remotely true.

My guess is an opening has suddenly come up in Richard Branson's trip to Mars and Buff needs to start looking into the fishing possibilities up there before he decides.

SensibleGuy

Nov 26, 2011
Not sure if this has been mentioned but would there be any chance Buff was going to fail his physical? This gives him some more time to get ready?

Would this even matter?

I mean it's entirely possible...who knows. But for me that would lead to questions such as "why isn't he in shape?" Which would lead to questions like "how committed is he to even playing?"

Trinity

Dec 12, 2017
Well technically, none of us know anything at all. Speculation is fine, let's just not start thinking any of it is remotely true.

My guess is an opening has suddenly come up in Richard Branson's trip to Mars and Buff needs to start looking into the fishing possibilities up there before he decides.
There a difference when you state something as factual, versus clearly speculating. You stated it as a fact.

blues10

Dec 10, 2010
Canada
I mean it's entirely possible...who knows. But for me that would lead to questions such as "why isn't he in shape?" Which would lead to questions like "how committed is he to even playing?"

Well, if all he did was start skating a week ago. It would indicate, not very.

Trinity

Dec 12, 2017
If he's considering retirement, do you think Wheeler will be giving him a call, as the team captain?

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
Do they expect him back at all. If they can't say, then say that's a possibility. I don't like Maurice's glib "Meh, no big deal" response when it obviously is a big deal. You don't ask for a leave of absense on the first day of work for nothing, so clearly it is "sinister".

They've also said no timeline on his return. I don't think they can say anything else without betraying Buff's privacy.

SensibleGuy

Nov 26, 2011
Buff strikes me as totally the sort of guy who might retire a little early. I think he's a guy who, if it stops being fun for him...he's done.

Reactions: hn777
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad