Podcast (Audio) Dustin Brown

All The Kings Men

Apr 7, 2016
As I attempted to explain in the intro to this episode... this was never meant to be a one on one conversation that turned into a podcast episode. This was meant to be a 10 minute conversation where we ask him some stuff about 2012 and then he gives us some answers and we chop up his responses for a video.

But then it went about 45 minutes and got into some unexpected territory and I felt like it had to just be given it's own time and space.

Lt Dan

F*** your ice cream!
Sep 13, 2018
Bayou La Batre
youtu.be
As I attempted to explain in the intro to this episode... this was never meant to be a one on one conversation that turned into a podcast episode. This was meant to be a 10 minute conversation where we ask him some stuff about 2012 and then he gives us some answers and we chop up his responses for a video.

But then it went about 45 minutes and got into some unexpected territory and I felt like it had to just be given it's own time and space.

Initial thoughts. I'll add to these....

1) Man I miss Bob Miller :cry::cry::cry::cry:
2) Good job Jesse, you asked all the right questions. You had Dustin answered a lot of my questions from 2012
3) Cinnamon French toast is f***ing delicious. Glad to know that I had the meal of champions!
4) It is awesome that he didn't know which Sedin he hit! :laugh:
5) You asked the captain question perfectly

Last edited:

funky

Time for the future. More Byfield and Clarke
Mar 9, 2002
Great interview Jesse. Love Brownie. Dude just tells it how it is. Made me sad listening to him talk about losing the C.

Love that he took the time to add up his 800 game suspension given to him by Mike Smith.

Also love the fact he ran rookie defenseman their first game to put the number 23 in their head the rest of their career

Just a lot of things I am hearing for the first time. Great job.

Telos

In Gavrikov We Must Trust
Aug 16, 2008
Reno, NV
I’m still pissed about the captaincy. Still a black eye on Lombardi’s record imho.
He does talk about it in depth on Hoven's interview/podcast with him. He regrets how it was handled and thinks he failed completely with how he did it, he debates internally if it was the right move to make, but he isn't sure that the overall move was wrong. He said it was more about Kopitar than Brown. He said he was trying to push Kopitar to a new level by developing his leadership. I interpreted it as Dean believing leadership was the only way Kopitar was going to take another step forward and he said that he felt it was someone else's turn more than it was Brown was failing at the role.

It sounds like he has taken his razzing from the guys over it and Brownie and he have talked about it since and have buried the hatchet. From a fan's perspective, it is pretty unthinkable, and I have high feelings too believing that it should never have happened, but at least Dean has been present in addressing it and having some sort of reasoning for it.

LAKings88

First round fodder
Dec 4, 2006
here or there
He does talk about it in depth on Hoven's interview/podcast with him. He regrets how it was handled and thinks he failed completely with how he did it, he debates internally if it was the right move to make, but he isn't sure that the overall move was wrong. He said it was more about Kopitar than Brown. He said he was trying to push Kopitar to a new level by developing his leadership. I interpreted it as Dean believing leadership was the only way Kopitar was going to take another step forward and he said that he felt it was someone else's turn more than it was Brown was failing at the role.

It sounds like he has taken his razzing from the guys over it and Brownie and he have talked about it since and have buried the hatchet. From a fan's perspective, it is pretty unthinkable, and I have high feelings too believing that it should never have happened, but at least Dean has been present in addressing it and having some sort of reasoning for it.
Still shouldn’t have happened.

Reactions: Telos

beedee

Jan 13, 2014
That was great. Any chance you can have a mic or something? I really had to turn up the volume to hear your questions, and then when Brownie would answer he would Sedin my ears.

*edit* I just re-read that this went on longer and different than what you initially anticipated.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad