News Article: DUSTIN BROWN JERSEY RETIREMENT NIGHT - NEED TO KNOW

bland

Jul 1, 2004
Not everything has to be for you.

Of course not, but actually this one is!

Its a chance for everyone who loved Brown to get together one last time to celebrate his career and what it meant to them. Also a last chance to get those hater muscles all limbered up and give it a good, honest go again for old time's sake.

It's all in good fun.

Reactions: BigKing

BigKing

Blake Out of Hell III: Back in to Hell
Mar 11, 2003
Belmont Shore, CA
google.com
Ive never found better quality video of this (maybe @terrorinthebang knows better?), but this is my 2nd favorite DB hit

This is a really good and forgotten hit by Brown. Erat had just hit Kopitar on the same shift. Brown hunted and jus trucked him, sending his stick flying across the ice. Was awesome to dole out a huge hit on the same shift after he hit Kopitar.

I can't believe I never saw that Cooke hit on Avery. Thought Avery was just being his usual asshole self but I understand why he was enjoying it so much now.

I also can't believe this thing is going to start at 6 PM. I've been to the ceremonies for 99/20/4 and don't remember them being an hour and half long.

All The Kings Men

Apr 7, 2016
I also can't believe this thing is going to start at 6 PM. I've been to the ceremonies for 99/20/4 and don't remember them being an hour and half long.
There are TWO ceremonies happening.

The jersey is being retired AND the statue is being unveiled.

I can't promise that everything will follow the schedule perfectly but as I've said before... I would hate it if even one person missed the ceremony because they looked at the scheduled start time and just showed up when they usually do.

BigKing

Blake Out of Hell III: Back in to Hell
Mar 11, 2003
Belmont Shore, CA
google.com
There are TWO ceremonies happening.

The jersey is being retired AND the statue is being unveiled.

I can't promise that everything will follow the schedule perfectly but as I've said before... I would hate it if even one person missed the ceremony because they looked at the scheduled start time and just showed up when they usually do.
I appreciate it. I'm making it painfully obvious to my friends that there will be hell to pay if they make me late. I'm bringing two friends who used to have seats with me for most of his career through the 2013 season instead of cashing in on the resale so I'm like: don't dick around and think it is cool to roll in at 6:15 when it says 6.

That said, I still felt like the Kings were saying be there at 6 but wouldn't start it for 20-30 minutes.

All The Kings Men

Apr 7, 2016
That said, I still felt like the Kings were saying be there at 6 but wouldn't start it for 20-30 minutes.
I can't promise that everything will happen according to the schedule.

I can promise you that a lot of time and effort have gone into planning this event.

Bandit

Jul 23, 2005
Unemployed in Greenland
Hey Jesse,

Is there a way for people who are out of market to watch everything?
Or anything.

“This game is blacked out because it’s on the Wet Fart Network”
“This game is blacked out because the Kings are playing the Coyotes in Bakersfield”
“This game is blacked out because Dustin Brown hurt a Sedin’s feelings once”

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad