Movies: Dunkirk: Christopher Nolan next movie release date July 2017

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Look forward to it.

Dunkirk was one of the biggest failures of the second world war while at the same time being a miracle that British morale needed badly.

I didn't realize Nolan was the director too. Even more reason to go.

Nalens Oga

Jan 5, 2010
Canada
**** that looks terrifying, I gotta go see it though. Can't they just have Nolan direct something a bit more tame and romantic or existential? This is gonna be intense.

Gobo

Stop looking Gare
Jun 29, 2010

If this movie is as good as this movie was, then it'll be brilliant.

BenchBrawl

Jul 26, 2010
Another WW2 movie? I'll watch it because it's Nolan.It does look good and I like James McAvoy, but meh.

The WW2 movies I'd be more interested in watching is those seen from the Germans' side (or Russians' side).I watched enough WW2 movies from the American's perspective that I have my dose for a lifetime.

Last edited:

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Looks great, but I planned on watching it anyways since it's Christopher Nolan.

Another WW2 movie? I'll watch it because it's Nolan.It does look good and I like James McAvoy, but meh.

The WW2 movies I'd be more interested in watching is those seen from the Germans' side (or Russians' side).I watched enough WW2 movies from the American's perspective that I have my dose for a lifetime.

I don't think there are any Americans in this...

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland

Stalingrad (1993) was a nice euro WW2 flick that really never got much attention

And what does American perspective have to do with Dunkirk?

Sarcastic

PosterOfTheYear2014
Sep 18, 2011
Toronto
Have there really been a lot of WWII releases anyway? I know Hacksaw Ridge just recently but it feels like only 1 or 2 major ones a year.

BenchBrawl

Jul 26, 2010
What I'd be interested to see is a good German flick or Japanese flick about the war.

Downfall was a great movie, but holy **** was it ever dark.How many suicides did this movie contain? The movie was also Hitler-centric and not Germany-centric per say, which is what I'm looking for.

Seedtype

Aug 16, 2009
Ohio?!?!
Seeing those ships burning in the water reminds me that I want to see a modern big budget naval battle ww2 movie.

That stupid Battleship movie always made me mad that it was them fighting aliens instead of an actual historical battle.:laugh:

Anyways, this looks pretty solid. Probably would go and see just for Christopher Nolan alone.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
What I'd be interested to see is a good German flick or Japanese flick about the war.

Downfall was a great movie, but holy **** was it ever dark.How many suicides did this movie contain? The movie was also Hitler-centric and not Germany-centric per say, which is what I'm looking for.

You already mentioned Downfall, which is an excellent movie in my opinion, but here are some more of varying quality:

Das Boot (1981)
Letters from Iwo Jima (2006)
Tora! Tora! Tora! (1970) - Both the Japanese and American perspectives.
Cross of Iron (1977)
Enemy at the Gates (2001)
Stalingrad (1993)
The Pianist (2002) - Not a war movie, but about a Polish Jewish piano player. Great movie though.

BenchBrawl

Jul 26, 2010

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad