Pre-Game Talk: Dunkin Donuts vs. Krispy Kreme

garnetpalmetto

Jerkministrator
Jul 12, 2004
Durham, NC
I always see this take and I never understand it.

Sure, Dunkin's got more flavors. But with any of the ones that both Dunkin' and KK have, I will take the KK version. The texture of Dunkin's donuts always make me think they've been sitting out for a day or two. KK is just better.

Coffee though? I have it on good authority that Dunkin's is better, and I don't have a very refined palate for coffee and most of it tastes the same to me, so I have to go with the general consensus there.

Unfortunately, that authority is dead wrong. Dunkin's coffee is trash and regularly has the highest amount of quakers (unripened coffee beans that don't get weeded out before roasting which leads to unpleasantly bitter flavors in brewed coffee) that you can find in a commercial mass-market coffee.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Agree with @garnetpalmetto Never liked Dunkin's coffee. Tastes so average to me.

When I lived in NY years back, I stopped at one on the way to work one day and everyone was ordering a coffee and requesting it "light and sweet". It was probably 1/3rd cream, a ton of sugar and bland coffee. I think they just needed to hide the taste of the coffee.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad