Duncan Siemens first career goal

Gabe the Babe

Apr 24, 2014
f***. I just want him to stay forever. Smooth skating bottom pairing shutdown dman. He may handle the puck like a grenade but I’ll take him over Nemeth any day. Just because of the guy he is. Gotta root for him.

On a 27 point pace this year too lmao

tony d

New poll series coming from me on June 3
Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
Good for him. Thought he'd be better than what he has been. He's only 24 yet though so he could still have a good career.

El Cohiba

Jul 3, 2011
under the sunshine
Happy for Duncs! I've watched him play for San Antonio a fair number of times this year, so I'm glad to see him get some time in the show. He's not as bad as advertised. Physical, skates pretty well for a tall guy and is used in key defensive situations for the Rampage. Not much offense here, but I think he can stick as a 3rd pairing D.
With that said, poor guy got wrecked with his genetics--he's a strong cat, so he can get away with the shaved head look. That, or go full Bobby Hull and get a rug lol

Reactions: cgf

Makar Goes Fast

grocery stick
Aug 17, 2012
downtown poundtown
people can call him a bust all they want, and he likely will never live up to draft projections but it says something that he was out there on the penalty kill/ last minute in such an important game to get that empty net shot.

duncan still has a good chance to be a third pairing shut down guy.

Reactions: cgf and El Cohiba

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
There is a thing called hair transplant, he just doesn't need to shave his head, especially if he has good donor hair area.

Siemens has been quite good though, had a brutal turnover yesterday which lead to a goal, but besides that was looked solid. Good enough where he might steal a lower end spot like #6 or 7. His calming demeanor with the puck is definitely his best strength.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Yes. Judging a defensive defensiveman on point totals is definitely the smart thing to do.

To be fair, his offense has been pretty pathetic since that one season in junior where he leeched off of Elliott. Granted his offense isn't what's finally gotten him into the NHL and it wasn't what made him a leader in the AHL...that would be his excellent skating, physicality, defensive prowess, knowing his limitations, and finally getting past the injuries...but it is still pretty bad when Nate Guenin gets PP time over you :laugh:

El Cohiba

Jul 3, 2011
under the sunshine
True that and start with finasteride and minoxidil.

He could still get a haircut like Jarkko Ruutu from his Vancouver days.

Poor guy is long past the Finasteride and Minoxidil stage. You're right in that Fin should be continued after a transplant (maybe Dutasteride in his case). Given how aggressive his loss is at such a young age I think a transplant would be a waste of time and money--his follicles are so sensitive to DHT that he'd shortly lose what ever he gets back--unless he responds really well to Fin or Dut. Wouldn't count on it though. I think he needs to bic it and get super freaky in the weight room

Legionnaire11

Jul 12, 2007
Murfreesboro
atlantichockeyleague.com
duncan-siemens-2014-690.jpg

Oh come on! How are any of us supposed to sleep tonight?

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
With how pathetic the 2011 draft turned out, i'd be ecstatic if he can be a big, smooth-skating, stay at home #5 defenseman that can defend and make simple plays. Honestly, if he carves out a career as an elite #5 he could still be a top 40-50 player of the draft.

VoluntaryDom

Formerly DominicBoltsFan / Ⓐ / ✞
Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL
With how pathetic the 2011 draft turned out, i'd be ecstatic if he can be a big, smooth-skating, stay at home #5 defenseman that can defend and make simple plays. Honestly, if he carves out a career as an elite #5 he could still be a top 40-50 player of the draft.
????

Kucherov gaudreau couturier scheifele RNH landeskog saad palat Hamilton klefbom Larsson brodin etc

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
????

Kucherov gaudreau couturier scheifele RNH landeskog saad palat Hamilton klefbom Larsson brodin etc

I guess I should've clarified. Players chosen after Siemens pretty much all busted that were 1st rounders, especially on defense which was a huge need. Of all the defensemen picked in the 1st round and even the 2nd round all busted or are in a similar situation as Siemens is, with the exception of Klefbom.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad