Value of: Duncan Keith To Florida

ChiHawk21

Jan 15, 2011
keith has every bit the skills he has always had. The only issue is his dumb play and bad puck luck this year. That may have been a combo of who hes paired with and bad goaltending with bad luck on the offensive end. Hes every bit worth 5.5 not a question. His play may decline in 4/5 years but hes still got very good years left.

Reactions: COHawk

BlueBaron

May 29, 2006
Sarnia, On
should cost less
Dunc is pushing 35, not cheap contract, so not a 2018 mid 1st
Cap relief is in vacuum, but for Hawks it is premium since they already have 2 guys 10m each = restrictive cap flexibility

I have to wonder if you know who Keith is?

He'd get far more than that.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
Does Florida even need or want Keith?

I have a tough time thinking a team would want to take him on with his deal.

Beezeral

Mar 1, 2010
Is this where I point out Chara is still playing very good top pair minutes than Keith at 40+ with about half the mobility Keith has?
Jagr was a 60+ point player at 44 what is your point? For every unicorn like Jagr and Chara, there are 100 examples of players who decline substantially in their 30s

Last edited:

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008
I think if his contract was two years shorter, Tallon would be all in on it. But with five years, it's a dicey proposition.

GOilers88

#DustersWinCups
Dec 24, 2016
I love how people around here seem to think you have to smash everything to bits to get a first overall in order to "rebuild".

HawkeyTalkMan

Jun 23, 2015
Jagr was a 60+ point player at 44 what is your point? For every unicorn like Jagr and Chara, there are 100 examples of players who decline substantially in their 30s

Yea, except Duncan Keith isnt your run of the mill batch of 100 of players.

Pretty foolish to compare him to an average NHLer when he is a 2x Norris trophy winner and conn smyth winner. The other common theme with Jagr, Chara, and Keith (outside of their notable individual accomplishments) is they are all notorious workout diehards

Yet you are comparing him like he's Mark Streit

Beezeral

Mar 1, 2010
Yea, except Duncan Keith isnt your run of the mill batch of 100 of players.

Pretty foolish to compare him to an average NHLer when he is a 2x Norris trophy winner and conn smyth winner. The other common theme with Jagr, Chara, and Keith (outside of their notable individual accomplishments) is they are all notorious workout diehards

Yet you are comparing him like he's Mark Streit
lmao at saying I was comparing him to Mark Streit.

Teemu

Caffeine Free Since 1919
Dec 3, 2002
He has an NTC does he not? Also what does this do to the Hawks D?
He does, but at least waiving to Florida is plausible given the connection with Tallon, weather, and tax situation.

Can't see him going cheaply, though, even at his age. You'd probably be looking at something with Borgstrom (who Tallon may not favor anyway, since wasn't his pick).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad