LeBrun: Duncan Keith Has Opted to Retire

Seachd

Mar 16, 2002
Yeah we all laughed, but he won.

Now let's see him blow his cap space on junk...

Eating-Junk-and-Watching-Rubbish.gif

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
Yes. It’s cap circumvention. I’ll try to find the official wording and edit it to my post.
26.15 Examples of Circumvention. The following is a non-exhaustive list of activities that either constitute a Circumvention under this Article 26 or from which a Circumvention may be inferred:

- clippity-clip -

(e) A Club and a Player, during the Player's active career, agree that upon the Player's retirement, he will receive a sum of money for services to be provided to the Club after retirement.

Last edited:

GreeningOil

Yarpmeister
Jun 22, 2016
Saskatoon
So the next logical question is how much is the front office job he will have with the Oilers. My guess would be 5.54 million as the official PlayStation or Xbox tester for the team. The NHL is a joke.
How is this one questionable lmao. He’s only owed 1.5ish mil for the rest of the contract. He didn’t wanna go through it all for that

Fixxer

Jul 28, 2016
Least Holland has the cap space for PK Subban now.
I would be very wary of bringing in PK SUBBAN to the team. Well, things worked out with Evander Kane, so maybe Ken Holland could handle another difficult type of player. Anyway, Kane still has some San Jose things to figure out. lol PK wouldn't bring in leadership to the team. He relied a lot on physical attributes early on, but he has an aging body and still thinks the game like a young stud. next! sorry...

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Yet they always manage to screw it up.
I love how people just pretend that the Oilers didn’t make it to the WCF. With competent goaltending and a couple upgrades on D and the Oilers are very much in the contender conversation to come out of the West.

There’s a thread about Giroux and people are talking about Ottawa instead of Edmonton because Giroux wants to win now.

Like what kind of alternate universe is this?

• Haha
Reactions: PuckG

Fixxer

Jul 28, 2016
I kinda wish Duncan would have stayed, based on leadership, but I'm ok due to the cap space. Hopefully Ken Holland is going to spend the money nicely.

Funk21

Mar 6, 2013
Toronto
How is this one questionable lmao. He’s only owed 1.5ish mil for the rest of the contract. He didn’t wanna go through it all for that

Regardless of how much he is getting paid nobody and I mean nobody is walking away from 1.5 million in income unless there is some sort of back door deal. I’d be saying the same thing if this was a TML player or an Oilers.

My guess is that both Kieth and Smith developEd the same allergic reaction to equipment that Hossa developed a few years back

MessierII

Aug 10, 2011
Regardless of how much he is getting paid nobody and I mean nobody is walking away from 1.5 million in income unless there is some sort of back door deal. I’d be saying the same thing if this was a TML player or an Oilers.

My guess is that both Kieth and Smith developEd the same allergic reaction to equipment that Hossa developed a few years back
Plays retire with term on their contracts all the time. These front loaded contracts were designed for this. 1.5 million is chump change to Keith.

Reactions: ClydeLee

Funk21

Mar 6, 2013
Toronto
Plays retire with term on their contracts all the time. These front loaded contracts were designed for this. 1.5 million is chump change to Keith.
1.5 isn’t chump change for anybody unless you‘re name is Musk or Bezos. Take into the fact that his investments are down 10-20% with the market and housing starting to pull back also 10-20% and it’s not a good time to walk away from guaranteed money.

lakeshirts37

Jun 25, 2019
1.5 isn’t chump change for anybody unless you‘re name is Musk or Bezos. Take into the fact that his investments are down 10-20% with the market and housing starting to pull back also 10-20% and it’s not a good time to walk away from guaranteed money.

False - he doesn’t care about 1.5m…clearly.

MessierII

Aug 10, 2011
Keith has earned over 73 million in his career. 1.5 is not a lot. Players have walked away from way, wayyy more in retirement than that.

PuckG

Feb 26, 2015
I feel the same excitement now that I felt last off-season with the cap space situation. I’m terrified of being shit on all over again…

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
I love how people just pretend that the Oilers didn’t make it to the WCF. With competent goaltending and a couple upgrades on D and the Oilers are very much in the contender conversation to come out of the West.

There’s a thread about Giroux and people are talking about Ottawa instead of Edmonton because Giroux wants to win now.

Like what kind of alternate universe is this?
I somewhat agree, but that was with a E.Kane that was on his best behavior and playing on a cheap contract. I also think that LAK and VAN are going to be better this year.
EDM needs either Holloway or Broberg to step up, if not both, and to not do something stupid with this added cap space. If they can get a solid addition then who knows? They certainly played the most exciting hockey in the post season, and Hyman was a revelation... one more of a guy like him would be perfect. A talented worker bee who plays smart and hard.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad