Proposal: Dumoulin+ for Klefbom

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Is this a deal that both the Penguins and Oilers could be interested in? And what would the Penguins have to add to make it work?

My thought is that the Penguins lost in the playoffs due to an inability to score (while being great on the PK), while the Oilers lost in the playoffs due to an inability to defend (while being great on the powerplay). Both Dumoulin and Klefbom had poor performances in their series, at least if I'm going off of what I've read from a few Oilers fans. This deal gives the Penguins a better OFD and PPQB, while it gives the Oilers a better DFD and a better PKing D.

I think the Penguins would have to add to compensate for Dumoulin being basically 29 while Klefbom is 27, but is this a reasonable suggestion? They have virtually identical contracts (3 years at $4.167 million for Klefbom, 3 years at $4.1 million for Dumoulin), so there isn't a difference there.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Don’t see the value as a Pens fan. Love Klefbom but he’s essentially Marino.

Shake-up move and gives them a better PPQB than Letang.

Although if you do that McCann for Montour deal that I'm really interested in, you don't really need a PPQB to push Letang out of that spot anymore.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Why would PIT trade for an EDM D? Have you not watched hockey the past 5 years?

Chayos

Mar 6, 2003
Winnipeg
I would rather keep Klefbom. He is our best defence man and if we are moving him it’s with a plus for an upgrade.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad