News Article: Dumont will test the market

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
Best of luck to him, great guy to have on the farm team, we'll have to find a good vet to take his place. Especially if we go with a young roster again in St-John. It's a shame he's not a bit bigger and faster, he would have been perfect for an energy role on the big team.

Last edited:

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
That's one expensive AHL player...

I know, but it doesn't go on the cap and you get a hometown boy role model for the rookies. I know it won't happen because no owner will pay for that but whatever.

Probably biased because I was excited for him in the first draft I ever really followed. :laugh:

Alex514

May 10, 2015
Cant blame the kid.... Habs have no plans for him going foward.

Testing the FA market for him might be more valuable than the 200k he was offered last season by MB.

lamp9post

Jan 28, 2007
Except angering the owner because we have a 1-way contract in the AHL, it does nothing to the team.

Except if we need to bury other NHL contracts in the AHL down the line. You can only bury 2 contracts and up to $900,000 each. I would rather keep those spots open for contingencies down the line.

Asamu

Aug 24, 2010
Saguenay
His stats in the LHJMQ were biased because he was playing on the same line as Sean Couturier. I always loved him on the 4th line. Energy player who can actually score top net goals at 1 meter from the goalie (Something that Koivu couldn't do and that Galchenyuk can do). He battles hard on the board for the puck and his vision is above average I would say.

Al in all, I wish him good luck and I know that he got some nice hockey left (he's still young) in him but it will be somewhere else for sure.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad