Proposal: Dumba to Calgary

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
well i did say i hadn't watched more than a few games, and the eye test there wasn't great. Call it throwing stones if you will. Just an opinion. regarding shot suppression, that wasn't really the Wild goal at all. We were concentrating on keeping teams on the outside and letting them shoot from there rather than get inside for dangerous chances. context.

edit: to be clear, i don't think Dumba would hurt you at all, but it just looked to me if you were spending major assets on something it probably shouldn't be an offensive defensemen.

I think Dumba like all young D will make a few mistakes from time to time but I think Gulutzan is a great defensive coach and he will figure it out eventually:

Gio-Hamilton
Brodie-Dumba

Would be right there with Nashville IMO. Plus we have so many good young forward pieces (Tkachuk, Gaudreau, Monahan, Bennett, Ferland, Jankowski) we could clearly use another sure thing on the back-end.
Then I would sign Stone (2 year 4 million AAV) and him and Kulak would be a killer third pair. I think that's only possible if Vegas take Stajan/Brouwer/Bouma.

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
They had a bad month around February but at the end of the year they were one of the most effective units in the league.

No they weren't. The 2nd unit was the only reason why the Flames weren't ranked 30th the entire year. The first unit was trash all year outside of 5 games where Versteeg actually scored on a couple of his dumb slapshots.

The 1st unit was good in the playoffs because Monahan turned up his game.

Not sure why the Flames should trade for Dumba when they're giving up Fox or Kylington who could be just as good, plus a 1st rounder. I know they're prospects, but we can sign Stone and lose no assets.

DJJones

Nov 18, 2014
Calgary
No they weren't. The 2nd unit was the only reason why the Flames weren't ranked 30th the entire year. The first unit was trash all year outside of 5 games where Versteeg actually scored on a couple of his dumb slapshots.

The 1st unit was good in the playoffs because Monahan turned up his game.

Not sure why the Flames should trade for Dumba when they're giving up Fox or Kylington who could be just as good, plus a 1st rounder. I know they're prospects, but we can sign Stone and lose no assets.

Ya I was there loudest critic during their dry span but someone showed me the stats and they were actually ridiculously good outside of like ten games.

Johnnybegood13

Jul 11, 2003
1st (2017) + Fox/Kylington + Shinkaruk

-Fox just put up the best PPG for a freshmen D since Brian Leetch and he also led the NCAA in points per game for D(40 in 35). Vegas would have interest IMO. I see him as a Ghost. Meh 5 on 5, wow on the PP.

-Kylington has oodles of upside and just finished his second year in the AHL. Also was probably Sweden's best player at the WJC. Can be a frustrating player though. Probably one of the biggest boom or bust prospects in the league. Does he become Brodie or blah?

Dumba is the kind of defencemen Calgary needs to become a dominant team.
Fox looks like a special talent, I wouldn't trade him straight up for Dumba let alone add. If Dumba was worth a package like that he would have been protected.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
Fox looks like a special talent, I wouldn't trade him straight up for Dumba let alone add. If Dumba was worth a package like that he would have been protected.

I won't argue that anyone should want to give up a particular thing for Dumba, but his exposure doesn't put a cap on his value. It's just a numbers game. Someone like Dumba, Brodin, Nino or Granlund were always going to be exposed.

Johnnybegood13

Jul 11, 2003
I won't argue that anyone should want to give up a particular thing for Dumba, but his exposure doesn't put a cap on his value. It's just a numbers game. Someone like Dumba, Brodin, Nino or Granlund were always going to be exposed.
If he's taken by Vegas we'll know his value wasn't enough make a deal to keep him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad