Dumb coach trades young cheap and skilled forward thread | Now with MOAR Sprong

Status
Not open for further replies.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Who didnt see that coming hahahaha
The haters, they're waiting for the first mistake he makes to call him a no hack NHL'er that Sullivan was right to put with Sheahan and never with Malkin for more than a shift.

You know, cuz he sucks and isn't an NHL caliber player and never will be...

Am7YOr2.png

Reactions: TheTang58

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
if you say so. And Guentzel can play center.
Jake has played RW as well as LW, but in the case of Jake, yeah he can play C as well.

Sprong has shown he can play LW some, is a natural right winger, but he didn't look terrible on the left side either when he assisted on Geno's goal and even his goal vs the Islanders where he came down the left side and cut across.

But yeah man, jokes, bro, keep'em coming.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
Jake has played RW as well as LW, but in the case of Jake, yeah he can play C as well.

Sprong has shown he can play LW some, is a natural right winger, but he didn't look terrible on the left side either when he assisted on Geno's goal and even his goal vs the Islanders where he came down the left side and cut across.

But yeah man, jokes, bro, keep'em coming.
Jake is also noticeably worse at both C and RW than he is at LW. Just as Rust is at LW.

I'm sure Sprong CAN play LW, but I'm not so sure he'd play it as well as RW. Though probably better than ZAR. That said, Brassard isn't good enough for him, so we're back to not having a spot for him with Jake and Pearson.

Hockey4Lyfe

Feb 26, 2018
So you guys that are Sprong chest thumpers wanted him playing meaningful minutes with his god awful defense and not providing any offense what so ever?

Disregard the argument of him not being on an offensive line. I don’t want to argue it.

For this team to succeed, we need competent people on D that aren’t getting lost and hanging whatever goaltender is on there out to dry.

We have done it way too much and it’s why we are in this hole.

Trust me, at the end of the year if we don’t make the playoffs, it wont be because we traded a 1 way player who no showed on O and decided to play no defense. It will be because our D continued to hang our goalies out to dry.

We have enough offense on this team. And let’s face it, when Crosby and Malkin are gone, this franchise will be in full tear it down mode. And frankly, Sprong is not good enough to lead a team. He would have been traded for futures. Hell, we don’t even know if he’s good enough to be on the top 6 of a team yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad