Confirmed with Link: Duhaime Traded to Avs for 2026 3rd Round Pick

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
I don't see too many more opportunities for Beckman to prove himself as an NHLer....better take advantage of this one.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Would have made a lot of sense for Fleury to be involved in this as well, something like both of them for a 2nd that turns into a 1st if Colorado makes it X far and Fleury and Duhaime do X things or something. Still not sure why Fleury opted to stay on a sinking ship when he had a reserved spot on the lifeboat but oh well.

Expecting no more than a 3rd for Duhaime, my gut would say a 4th. No interest in Tufte unless he's a throw in on top of the 3rd or 4th.

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
Would have made a lot of sense for Fleury to be involved in this as well, something like both of them for a 2nd that turns into a 1st if Colorado makes it X far and Fleury and Duhaime do X things or something. Still not sure why Fleury opted to stay on a sinking ship when he had a reserved spot on the lifeboat but oh well.

Expecting no more than a 3rd for Duhaime, my gut would say a 4th. No interest in Tufte unless he's a throw in on top of the 3rd or 4th.

Agreed. If it's for family reasons, he would only be gone for a few months at the most. But I guess its easy for me to say that.

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011

Expecting no more than a 3rd for Duhaime, my gut would say a 4th.
If its 2nd or 3rd , its a 2025 or 2026 pick.

Soldier13Fox

jävlar anamma (f'ing embrace, get with it)
Sponsor
Oct 8, 2013
Coon Rapids

Yup. Pick please!

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
The longer I think about it, with the article saying Guerin might bring in a forward, and his propensity for making player for player trades, wouldn't be surprised at all if Tufte is coming back to get a chance somewhere in the middle six. Guerin loves his size and Tufte is an RFA who could easily be sent down to the AHL next year or kept as a 13th forward if Guerin decides to move on from Shaw or someone else.

I don't think the tweet about Tufte is credible though, sounds more like rampant speculation.

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
Was hoping for an earlier pick than 2026... but fine

Last edited:

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
There's probably a pretty good chance this pick is traded for an aging vet (possibly rental) at one of the next two deadlines anyway

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Totally expected - a 3rd. Plus don't forget, its looking like 2024 is going to be a below average draft imo
it's a 2026 3rd, which is the equivalent of a 2024 4th or , thereabouts, in trade terms. Surprised that Guerin couldn't get better.

Because of the quality and depth of Dmen in the 2024 draft, i think it will be at least average. There are a lot of Dmen past the top 10 or so that look interesting, with good size and decent skating.

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
Totally expected - a 3rd. Plus don't forget, its looking like 2024 is going to be a below average draft imo
That's only if you listen to outside sources. Who knows how good this draft will be.

Also not a bad trade. Duhaime was gone, so getting a 3rd is fine.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad