Prospect Info: Duclair's post-trade comments

Muppet

7th Round Pick
Mar 13, 2011
Duke and Domi are probably pretty happy about the trade. Hopefully they both reach their potential and make all of us happy, too.

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Anthony Duclair ‏@aduclair10 50s50 seconds ago

I will always remember my 1st goal at The Garden. Thank you for the support in New York. Excited to join the @ArizonaCoyotes organization!!

AZviaNJ

“Sure as shit want to F*** Coyote fans.”
Mar 31, 2011
AZ
Seems to have a pretty poor attitude.
Yeah, day in the life of Glen Healy.

First he commends the Rangers as a deadline winner and questions Duke's attitude/work ethic.

Then minutes later on another trade (can't remember which), he questions a player requiring 50% salary retention and how that says a lot about the player.

Can't have it both ways Glen.

EXTRAS

Jul 31, 2012
I am a little concerned about Duclair's offensive regression from last year to this year. He is on pace to score 20 points and 16 goals less this year than he did last year. Usually a players point totals go up as they become older in jr. hmmm.

PerpetualTankYear

Doan 3:16
Mar 27, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
I am a little concerned about Duclair's offensive regression from last year to this year. He is on pace to score 20 points and 16 goals less this year than he did last year. Usually a players point totals go up as they become older in jr. hmmm.

Less games though. He was with NYR for a bit.

ck26

Alcoholab User
Jan 31, 2007
HCanes Bandwagon
Less games though. He was with NYR for a bit.
Not just the number of games; his rate isn't any better than last year.

Max Domi did the same thing his first half-season back in London. Call it "emotional letdown" or something ... the thing that got Philippe Boucher to scratch him for 1 game. Kids surge their draft year to max out points, then sometimes regress a bit. Or you can chalk it up to "working on other parts of his game" ... either way, I'm not worried.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
I understand, but his future is ahead of him, in the NHL not junior.

Do you forget when you were a teenager? I've written exams in University and then walked myself to the emergency room. Sometimes short term matters more.

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Not really concerned about Duclair's production. He's bounced around from the NYR, to the WJC, and now Quebec this year. Difficult to get any sort of flow going with that much movement.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Do you forget when you were a teenager? I've written exams in University and then walked myself to the emergency room. Sometimes short term matters more.

:laugh:I'm too old the remember that far back.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011

I'm sure you have heard the saying "young and dumb".:) Most times short term gain, means long term loss.

jacobhockey13

used to watch hockey, then joined HF Boards
Apr 17, 2014
on the bench
Players don't really have a choice. Playing junior is considered like it's professional. Players want to help their team win and do everything possible. Duclair can't just decide that his NHL career is so important that he's not going to suit up. If there is a threat for a long-term injury, then that is stupid, but you have to trust the training staff and coaches are doing their job and not letting him go out in that case.

lanky

Feeling Spicy
Jun 23, 2007
Winnipeg
Quebec is playing for the Memorial Cup regardless. If resting now will get him healthy for that then he should rest. If it's something like a broken toe that will heal whether he plays or not then sure, play through the pain.

SergeConstantin74

Always right.
Jul 7, 2007
Players don't really have a choice. Playing junior is considered like it's professional. Players want to help their team win and do everything possible. Duclair can't just decide that his NHL career is so important that he's not going to suit up. If there is a threat for a long-term injury, then that is stupid, but you have to trust the training staff and coaches are doing their job and not letting him go out in that case.

NHL teams have a say when their junior players are injured. Chalottetown's goaltender Mason MacDonald is a Flames prospect and they made him travel to Calgary to look at his injury. They decided his playoffs were over.

Same thing with Quebec's defenseman Cody Donaghey. He's a Leafs prospect and could have come back in April from a knee surgery but Toronto decided his season was over.

Duclair clearly has something to his leg but I doubt it's serious enough for him to miss playoffs games.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad