Speculation: Duclair Trade

Which Canadian city will Duclair be dropped off in?

• Total voters

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
I don't think he's part of the long-term plan, by why start this thread now? Didn't he play in the last game? Was it announced he's not playing in MTL?

Lilhoody

Nov 25, 2016
Peoria, AZ
He did not play in the last game and has been scratched roughly half the games this month. Also, he hasn't taken a SOG since 10/26; he has played in 4 games and they have had 10.

Reactions: SniperHF

ClassLessCoyote

Staying classy
Jun 10, 2009
Is there any evidence that Duclair is going to be traded or even his name is mentioned in trade talks? He could be traded even if he's doing well.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
He did not play in the last game and has been scratched roughly half the games this month. Also, he hasn't taken a SOG since 10/26; he has played in 4 games and they have had 10.
Thanks. It's all blurring together.

I hate how he's been utilized. I'd happily give him top six mins and PP time. I like him a lot. I think he can be a very good player and needs more opportunity. I think he's been mistreated.

Having said all of that, there is obviously something I'm missing. For Tippett and Brown to give him this treatment and then for Tocchet and MacLean to independently decide to treat him exactly the same, there MUST be soemthigbhes foing wrongn that I'm not seeing.

Either way, it's clear he has no future here. We should trade him ASAP. Ideally, I'd like to package him with Schenn and a 2nd for an upgrade on Schenn. Maybe somebody that's overpriced and playing on a team that needs another scoring winger and some cap space. Nothing jumps to mind, but that's what I'd be looking for.

BUX7PHX

Jul 7, 2011
Thanks. It's all blurring together.

I hate how he's been utilized. I'd happily give him top six mins and PP time. I like him a lot. I think he can be a very good player and needs more opportunity. I think he's been mistreated.

Having said all of that, there is obviously something I'm missing. For Tippett and Brown to give him this treatment and then for Tocchet and MacLean to independently decide to treat him exactly the same, there MUST be soemthigbhes foing wrongn that I'm not seeing.

Either way, it's clear he has no future here. We should trade him ASAP. Ideally, I'd like to package him with Schenn and a 2nd for an upgrade on Schenn. Maybe somebody that's overpriced and playing on a team that needs another scoring winger and some cap space. Nothing jumps to mind, but that's what I'd be looking for.

Makes you also wonder if somehow the Rangers already had some idea that his future had some question marks as well. So many thought that he was such a crucial piece that the Rangers were stupid to give up. Now, it would almost appear that the Rangers knew something that no other team knew, and it made them a little more comfortable in letting him go.

Reactions: Jakey53

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
Makes you also wonder if somehow the Rangers already had some idea that his future had some question marks as well. So many thought that he was such a crucial piece that the Rangers were stupid to give up. Now, it would almost appear that the Rangers knew something that no other team knew, and it made them a little more comfortable in letting him go.

I've suspected the bolded for a while now. I posted this in Feb. 2016 during his 20-goal season, fully expecting him to blossom into a top-level threat once he cleaned his game up. I think I was the Eeyore back then but even then I didn't think Duclair would crater so hard as he has done.

I still hope I eat crow on Duclair if we keep him. He tantalizes with his offensive skill when he flashes it. It's everything else in his game that is the reclamation project.

pheasant

Nov 2, 2010
Not that I think Duclair will be traded, but if he is traded to one of the 3 teams in the poll, it would have to be Montreal or Ottawa.

Toronto doesn't need to add forwards. But Montreal and OTT do. I picked Montreal, because Ottawa is probably going to let things simmer after the Duchene deal. And Bergevin is the kind of guy to make an unexpected deal. Especially if that deal doesn't actually address their real need down the middle.

Mosby

Fire Bettman
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Agree that the Sens need another forward. Duclair can't fit Boucher's system though. Toby Reider could.

Reactions: Grimes

AZviaNJ

“Sure as shit want to F*** Coyote fans.”
Mar 31, 2011
AZ
Perlini - Stepan - Keller
Domi - Dvorak - Duclair

Tocc. It. Isn't. That. ****ing. Hard.
Those top 2 lines are so obvious, it's as if Tocchet is purposely playing Kempe 1st/2nd line to get fired.

A few notes on 29 year old Mario Kempe's KHL Career.

2016-17 season (compared to a few familiar names):
Kempe - 14-20-34 (51st in Scoring) - 56 games
Gilbert Brule - 18-24-42 (23rd) - 53 games
Rob Klinkhammer - 21-17-38 (33rd) - 47 games

2015-2016:
Kempe - 12-5-17 (215th in scoring) - 56 games
Sami Lepisto - 11-19-30 (76th) - 60 games (Dman Sami Lepisto!)
Brule - 13-11-24 (125th) - 54 games
Martin Erat - 5-19-24 (136th) - 40 games
Tom Sestito - 19-4-23 (137th) - 50 games

27/28 year old Mario Kempe wasn't putting up top 6 numbers in the KHL, yet he's getting top 6 minutes in Arizona, while Anthony Duclair who's had a 20 goal NHL season gets 4th line minutes or is HS'd.

Makes zero sense.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad