Ducks waive Anton Khudobin

AZviaNJ

“Sure as shit want to F*** Coyote fans.”
Mar 31, 2011
AZ
With Smith injured, should the Coyotes (and their 29th GAA standing) be interested? He's due $2.25M for the balance of the year. UFA after the season. If he clears, maybe ship Chip to offset salary?

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
I don't think the Coyotes are interested at all, even if Smith is out long-term with that rumored hernia. I think Domingue is ready to back up Lindback if necessary.

RR

Mar 8, 2009
Cave Creek, AZ
With Smith injured, should the Coyotes (and their 29th GAA standing) be interested? He's due $2.25M for the balance of the year. UFA after the season. If he clears, maybe ship Chip to offset salary?

I'd pass. Time to see what we have in Domingue. We're not making the playoffs so it's a perfect time to run him out there for some games.

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Rapid City made a trade today for goalie Sam Marotta. That's probably a good sign that Langhamer is staying in Springfield and Domingue is staying in Arizona, at least short term.

AZviaNJ

Mar 31, 2011
AZ
Back in play given Smith injury? Send small salary/player back to Anaheim?

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
Back in play given Smith injury? Send small salary/player back to Anaheim?

Considering that Smith had the surgery today, the team knew about the injury before Khudobin went on waivers; therefore, I'm guessing Maloney is going to let it ride with what we have.

AZviaNJ

Mar 31, 2011
AZ
Considering that Smith had the surgery today, the team knew about the injury before Khudobin went on waivers; therefore, I'm guessing Maloney is going to let it ride with what we have.
Yup, unless he wants to reduce Kudobin's cost by sending a player/salary back to Anaheim (Chip?)

Lots factor into goalie numbers, but Khudobin's career and recent stats are better than Lindbacks (and Smiths). His NHL numbers are also better than Louie's AHL numbers.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad