GDT: Ducks vs Wild 10/24/15

Norduck

youllneverquackalone
Feb 9, 2015
CA
Patheduck game tonight, fellas. Bruce is gonna take the fall, but everybody deserves a share of blame besides maybe Freddie.

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
something needs to be done to this team. if the coach can't fix it then we find someone else that can.

Sure, that's what will happen. But it doesn't mean that's the problem. Coaches are just the first to go. For whatever faults BB has (and I agree he has some) he didn't change his coaching style from the previous years where the team kicked ass through the regular season. Whatever is going on now, (worse players, bad chemistry, injured Getz) isn't 100% on Bruce.

kducks

Duck Off
Sep 19, 2007
OC
Soooo Perry needs to get divorced. No offense Blakeny but we need single Perry back.

bumperkisser

Mar 31, 2009
Sure, that's what will happen. But it doesn't mean that's the problem. Coaches are just the first to go. For whatever faults BB has (and I agree he has some) he didn't change his coaching style from the previous years where the team kicked ass through the regular season. Whatever is going on now, (worse players, bad chemistry, injured Getz) isn't 100% on Bruce.

of course. i agree. but somethings gotta be done. a desperate trade is worse than a desperate firing.

DucksAreCool

Feb 24, 2015
Coaching is a results oriented business. If you don't get the results, you're well paid off and you're fired. Bruce got his job because someone else got fired and someone will take his job if he gets fired. And he'll take the job of another fired coach.

Aug 11, 2011
Am Yisrael Chai
Coaching is a results oriented business. If you don't get the results, you're well paid off and you're fired. Bruce got his job because someone else got fired and someone will take his job if he gets fired. And he'll take the job of another fired coach.

Eddie's point is that it's not necessarily the solution, however sanguine we may expect Bruce to be about it.

Unholy

kesbae
Jan 13, 2010
Southern California
He shouldn't be but he would be the first to go. Not sure what kind of blockbuster trade could even happen or if it would even help afterward.

Something will happen soon though if this crap continues. Would also just suck to barely miss the playoffs and get a middle pick.

DucksAreCool

Feb 24, 2015
Eddie's point is that it's not necessarily the solution, however sanguine we may expect Bruce to be about it.
I quoted the wrong comment, haha.

I do agree Bruce isn't 100% at fault and he isn't a bad coach all of a sudden but he carries a lot of blame here, too. He's the coach, there's no getting around that. If he were doing a good job we wouldn't be doing this horrible. You can blame the players all you want and they definitely deserve blame but he's the coach, the buck regarding performances stops with him. He doesn't get a pass because of bad player performances, he gets indicted with them.

Firing him most likely won't solve everything wrong with this team but that probably should be obvious. Firing him won't be a statement that everything was his fault or negating what he did here or calling him a bad coach, it would be an admission that the situation isn't working anymore, but at the same time it would also be deserved.

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast

I'm glad somebody understands the point. I've said a thousand times that I understand the coach will be the first to be blamed/fired. Coaches are hired to be fired. But don't think a new set of x's and o's will turn our **** supporting cast into scorers. And don't think Getz, Perry, and Kesler aren't scoring because they aren't being coached properly.

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
22 hits, was that season high for Ducks?
only 15 shots on goal tonight?

oh the horror...

---

few things iv'e noticed:

Jaromir Jagr has same amount goals alone than entire Ducks team this season
Jaromir Jagr has same amount of points this season as ducks forwards combined

Few players that you've probably never heard of until this season
that have equal or more points than Perry,Getzlaf,Kesler combined :

Colton Parayoko (St Louis) 5 (D)
Mattias Janmark (Dallas) 5 (F)
Ben Hutton (Vancouver) 4 (D)
Quinton Howden (Florida) 3 (F)
Austin Watson (Nashville) 3 (F)
Cody Goloubef (Columbus) 3 (D)
Shane Prince (Ottawa) 3 (F)

DaDucks*

Don't change a thing. I want to see how far this goes, for scientific purposes.

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
large.jpg

mytduxfan*

This. BB will be fired if things don't improve, but it won't be his fault. I'm calling sabotage on BM's part. Couldn't fire BB because of the team's near miss last season, so he dumped Lauer (Lauer had to go) and inserted his own guy i.e. Maclean, and has already started restructuring the side to suit a completely different coach.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad