GDT: Ducks vs Coyotes at Honda Center, 7 PM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ducks Nation*

Mar 19, 2013
No Getzlaf, Perry, Fowler, Kesler, Maroon, Beleskey, Cogs, Heatley, Vatanen, Lindolm, Beauchemin, Lovejoy, Silf, etc.

tumblr_m327h90USQ1qdlfp4o1_500.gif

duxfan1101

Sep 20, 2014
California
Was at the game, we played better than the score showed but we definitely weren't that great.
Gibson was meh. Had a few very nice saves, but he let in a couple that he probably could've done better on.
As far as the skaters go, I liked what I saw from Karlsson and Gagne. Karlsson had a laser off the crossbar and he is just so slick with his skating and passing. He gets knocked around a bit too much, but he makes up for it. Gagne was flying all over the ice, loved watching him go. Still a bit small but a good player nonetheless.
Etem had a couple nice plays but overall nothing too special. Noesen is great at using his body to shield the puck, maybe a little clumsy from time to time, though. Another player who I enjoyed watching was Andrew O'Brien. He absolutely decked a couple of guys and he led our team in shots if I'm not mistaken.
I hate to add any fuel to the Allen fire, but he was very bad, in my opinion. Took a dumb penalty, seemed a lost out there at times.

Paige Duck

Magnus
May 2, 2014
Aliso Viejo, CA
Roster

Laganiere Thompson DSP (was Jackman until he was pitched)
Etem Rakell Noesen
Kurtz Steckel Leblanc
Ritchie Karlsson DSP

Allen Bell
Fistric Gagne
Clark O'Brien

Thanks for that, I looked on the ducks twitter to see who the scratchers were and Kerdiles wasn't listed. So I'm still not sure why he didn't dress :huh:

Ducks Nation*

Mar 19, 2013
Who the hell is this "Bell" guy, yesterday at the game everytime he touched the puck I gasped for air....then he scored and I laughed my ass off with my buddy.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Their roster looks ver meh too. A bit upset about this loss but no reason to pull my hair out after one game either.

Exit Dose

Jul 2, 2011
Georgia
Thanks for that, I looked on the ducks twitter to see who the scratchers were and Kerdiles wasn't listed. So I'm still not sure why he didn't dress :huh:
Remember it's about time for cuts to happen. Considering how much his name was called out in yesterday's game, they may have had an eye to putting some of the other guys through their paces, while letting a stand out rest for a game. That's my best guess.

Ducks Nation*

Mar 19, 2013
Was at the game, we played better than the score showed but we definitely weren't that great.
Gibson was meh. Had a few very nice saves, but he let in a couple that he probably could've done better on.
As far as the skaters go, I liked what I saw from Karlsson and Gagne. Karlsson had a laser off the crossbar and he is just so slick with his skating and passing. He gets knocked around a bit too much, but he makes up for it. Gagne was flying all over the ice, loved watching him go. Still a bit small but a good player nonetheless.
Etem had a couple nice plays but overall nothing too special. Noesen is great at using his body to shield the puck, maybe a little clumsy from time to time, though. Another player who I enjoyed watching was Andrew O'Brien. He absolutely decked a couple of guys and he led our team in shots if I'm not mistaken.
I hate to add any fuel to the Allen fire, but he was very bad, in my opinion. Took a dumb penalty, seemed a lost out there at times.

How was rakell?

Sean Garrity

Quack Quack Quack!
Dec 25, 2007
Dee Eff UU
Who the hell is this "Bell" guy, yesterday at the game everytime he touched the puck I gasped for air....then he scored and I laughed my ass off with my buddy.

Don't know, seems like a journeyman to me and nothing more then an AHL player. Got beat wide twice leading to two goals.

I was impressed by no one, except for Gagne. FFS that dude is dynamic. I know he will probably never amount to anything in the NHL, but he was really really fun to watch. He has Karlsson esque explosiveness with his skating, and is at full speed in two strides.

Sean Garrity

Quack Quack Quack!
Dec 25, 2007
Dee Eff UU
How was rakell?

All of our forwards were meh, in my opinion. Ritchie has impressive physical skills, and worked his ass off, but he better as an 18 year old in preseason. Everyone showed glimpses, but nothing consistent and nothing to write home about.

bumperkisser

Mar 31, 2009
He got left out to dry on the PP goal and the 4th goal, but he let in a couple breakaway goals from AHL guys. Not a strong effort if he wants to be the 1A. A little concerning for even the 1B. Ok for a backup.

its ok. we've got labarb lolol

Summer Rose

Red Like Roses
Sponsor
May 3, 2012
Gainesville, Florida
Totally random question from the Coyotes camp. Since there was absolutely no local media coverage of the game here in Phoenix, those of us who cared to got to listen to your guys' radio broadcast if we wanted live coverage of the game.

They came across as rather hilarious, almost as if they were high, as one of our posters put it in our GDT. I thought it was pretty funny too. Anyway, I figured I'd just come over here and ask, are they normally like this? Do you guys think they're weird too?

salsa man

SALSA
Nov 20, 2013
California

Former Leaf prospect. He's been bouncing around Europe and the AHL for the past few years.

salsa man

SALSA
Nov 20, 2013
California
Totally random question from the Coyotes camp. Since there was absolutely no local media coverage of the game here in Phoenix, those of us who cared to got to listen to your guys' radio broadcast if we wanted live coverage of the game.

They came across as rather hilarious, almost as if they were high, as one of our posters put it in our GDT. I thought it was pretty funny too. Anyway, I figured I'd just come over here and ask, are they normally like this? Do you guys think they're weird too?

I didn't listen tonight, but they're usually pretty normal.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia

It`s legal in Cali :sarcasm:

Ducks Nation*

Mar 19, 2013
Ritchie hasn't done much to impress me, and I am like 100% shocked he didn't have one tilt in 2 rookie games plus 2 preseason games...dude loves to fight.

bumperkisser

Mar 31, 2009
maybe management told him to reign back and just play hockey. he's not here to be an enforcer

McDonald19

Sep 9, 2003
California
I was there, not a fun game to watch.

The good:

O'Brien - very physical D
Rakell - Most dynamic offensive player by far despite a couple bad turnovers.
Etem - I thought he brought a lot of skill and energy.
Kurtz - great fight
Noesen - looks like he has recovered from the injury. Showed some skill and physicality.

The Bad:

DSP - invisible, uninterested, lazy.
Gibson - didn't look comfortable in net.
Allen - trade him, he is done.
Leblanc - indecisive, soft.

The rest were blah, interesting to see Ritchie though. He is a very raw talent. 2-3 years away.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad