Confirmed with Link: Ducks sign Zack Kassian to PTO

Status
Not open for further replies.

robbieboy3686

Jan 17, 2016
Thing is that once players hit 30 they usually start to decline, especially physical players. It's one thing to say to keep your foot speed than how hard that actually is. So we'll see how he performs and if he deserves an actual contract.
Definitely. I’m rooting for him tbh.

duckpuck

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2007
I think everyone is still traumatized from the Terry/Beagle incident. When you're a hammer, everything looks like a nail.

The ducks being bullied and having their skilled star players take punishment has been a consistent theme since Des was traded. Some people feel it is not a significant factor and don't want a "face puncher" (which is a bit of a strawman). But even they acknowledge the problem and just disagree with the solution.

And for the record, I'm one of the people who since they day Des was traded (literally) predicted that would happen. Verbeek has signed some toughness and size to address the problem. Sadly, I don't think the 2023-24 version of Kassian is part of the solution. I think he ends up in San Diego with perhaps an occasional callup.

robbieboy3686

Jan 17, 2016
Let’s not derail this thread anymore plz. Our main man Kassian is out for vengeance this season. I say he plays 70 games for us. Scores 7 goals and gets 20 points 6/7 fighting majors

robbieboy3686

Jan 17, 2016
Yup, if Kassian punches faces in the preseason, Verbeek will offer him at least a 2-way deal.
Maybe I’m off base here. But a proud playwr like Kassian, who’s carved himself out a pretty good career. I’ll give him the benefit of the doubt to be able ( if he truly wants to) to be able to get himself in shape and ready enough for 4th line duties. I would bet, if he isn’t already. He is capable of really working hard to become an efficient Pk’r + hard working along the boards and efficient protector for the youngsters.

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
Maybe I’m off base here. But a proud playwr like Kassian, who’s carved himself out a pretty good career. I’ll give him the benefit of the doubt to be able ( if he truly wants to) to be able to get himself in shape and ready enough for 4th line duties. I would bet, if he isn’t already. He is capable of really working hard to become an efficient Pk’r + hard working along the boards and efficient protector for the youngsters.
People expecting the 2019 version of Kassian are going to be incredibly disappointed. This version of Zack Kassian really doesn't bring anything to the table. I suppose there's a non-zero chance he was just dragging ass in Arizona and will play much harder here since it's probably his last shot to be in the league but I'm really not expecting it.

robbieboy3686

Jan 17, 2016
People expecting the 2019 version of Kassian are going to be incredibly disappointed. This version of Zack Kassian really doesn't bring anything to the table. I suppose there's a non-zero chance he was just dragging ass in Arizona and will play much harder here since it's probably his last shot to be in the league but I'm really not expecting it.
Maybe he will pleasantly surprise. If we can get a good 4th line enforcer type out of him for a season. Then it’s a big win for the ducks

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
Kassian had 1 preseason and 2 regular season fights last year, 1 preseason and 3 regular season fights 2 years ago, and 1 regular season fight 3 years ago.

Carrick had 8 fights last season, 1 preseason and 11 regular season fights 2 years ago, and 2 fights 3 years ago (was mostly in the AHL)

Reaves was 7, 3, and 3.

Broken down Manson was 2, 3, 2.

I don’t know that Kassian is much of a deterrent or an enforcer at this point. It’s a rough way to make a living.

Dirk316

Nov 8, 2004
St Petersburg, Fl
From the ducks?
I'm sure he put himself in the most likely position/team to get a contract. A coach that likes to use an enforcer, the softest team in the league and also a team with nothing to lose
I like his chances if he chooses to embrace his role for one last season

If Kassian makes the roster, it's a sad commentary on the forward depth.
That and there was much better enforcer options available and Verbeek chose to not pursue them. Basically Kassian was the last enforcer option and he's horrible

Dirk316

Nov 8, 2004
St Petersburg, Fl
Kassian had 1 preseason and 2 regular season fights last year, 1 preseason and 3 regular season fights 2 years ago, and 1 regular season fight 3 years ago.

Carrick had 8 fights last season, 1 preseason and 11 regular season fights 2 years ago, and 2 fights 3 years ago (was mostly in the AHL)

Reaves was 7, 3, and 3.

Broken down Manson was 2, 3, 2.

I don’t know that Kassian is much of a deterrent or an enforcer at this point. It’s a rough way to make a living.
Phoenix had tons of toughness still not an excuse. Anaheim has basically just middleweight Carrick as the only other player who will drop the gloves

Reactions: robbieboy3686
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad