Confirmed with Link: Ducks sign Tomas Suchanek to ELC (3 years, $870k AAV; begins 2024-25)

Rybread86

To the DOME
Mar 24, 2022
OC
Guess that means we're running a young-gun duo in net next season in the AHL with Clang and Suchanek. No more Stalock?

I dont see why Stalock would be needed. Only way I see us re-signing him or signing someone else at this point is if they actually move Gibson in the off-season and a goalie doesnt come back as part of the deal

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
Guess that means we're running a young-gun duo in net next season in the AHL with Clang and Suchanek. No more Stalock?
Basically what we've been running since the calendar turned to 2024, Stalock has only played 4 games in 2024 and only started 3, and wasn't very good in them. He's been obsolete ever since we realized Suchanek can play at the AHL level

Last edited:
Aug 11, 2011
Am Yisrael Chai
Basically what we've been running since the calendar turned to 2024, Stalock has only played 4 games in 2024 and only started 3, and wasn't very good in them. He's been obsolete ever since we realized Suchanek can play at the AHL level
He's been hurt off and on. Definitely passed up on the depth chart.

Someone was going to sign Suchanek after the season he had, glad it was us.

Boo Boo

Jan 31, 2013
I wouldn’t be totally surprised if dostal is dangled as trade bait at some point in the nearish future.

Rybread86

To the DOME
Mar 24, 2022
OC
Extremely well deserved. Looks like he got the max ELC salary too.

Looking forward to seeing him up with the big club at some point.

Ya, he and Carlsson have the highest contracts for ELCs. Would imagine Cutter will be right there too

TheStuntman

Oct 27, 2015
I'm confused. How was he playing the AHL/ECHL Ducks' affiliates without being signed by the Ducks previously? Was he not drafted and signed with the AHL/ECHL teams directly? Does this mean another NHL team could've signed before the Ducks did during his playing time at San Diego/Tulsa?

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
I'm confused. How was he playing the AHL/ECHL Ducks' affiliates without being signed by the Ducks previously? Was he not drafted and signed with the AHL/ECHL teams directly? Does this mean another NHL team could've signed before the Ducks did during his playing time at San Diego/Tulsa?
He was signed by the Gulls to an AHL contract. And yes he could’ve signed elsewhere if offers were out there and he accepted one

TheStuntman

Oct 27, 2015
He was signed by the Gulls to an AHL contract. And yes he could’ve signed elsewhere if offers were out there and he accepted one
Thanks for the confirmation. I was wondering how he got to the Gulls without being drafted and signed by the Ducks previously. Had no idea undrafted players can sign directly with AHL/ECHL teams.

Reactions: Zegs2sendhelp

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
He’s looked fantastic in the games I’ve watched and gone to in San Diego…..

We have some incredible goalie depth right now

Ad

Upcoming events

• Rennes vs Brest
    Rennes vs Brest
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $61.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Mainz vs FC Köln
    Mainz vs FC Köln
    Wagers: 4