Confirmed with Link: Ducks sign Scott Harrington to a PTO

DavidBL

Jul 25, 2012
Orange, CA
I see this as the insurance in case one of the kids doesn't make the jump in camp. He played well enough here even handling tougher minutes decently with Fowler. I think it probably spells the end of the idea of getting a vet LD in trade at this point.

Reactions: Rybread86

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
If you figure: Fowler, Lyubushkin, Gudas, Drysdale, and Hagg are the locks to make the team, with White and Vaakanainen as near locks considering their waiver eligibility then that means with an injury you’re basically forced to hand a spot to LaCombe or Helleson. Harrington is good competition to make them earn their spot.

Last edited:
Reactions: ohcomeonref
Aug 11, 2011
Am Yisrael Chai
If you figure: Fowler, Lyubushkin, Gudas, Drysdale, and Hagg are the locks to make the team, with White and Vaakanainen as near locks considering their waiver eligibility then that means with an injury you’re basically forced to hand a spot to LaCombe or Helleson if there’s any injuries. Harrington is good competition to make them earn their spot.
I get the rationale. I'd just wished for a better bottom-dollar option.

Rybread86

To the DOME
Mar 24, 2022
OC
Minty and Zell are both LD too, so I see this as insurance. Giving the young guys plenty of opportunity to make the squad but also not putting too much pressure on them having to (tthis includes all young guns, not just those 2 I mentioned).

Reactions: robbieboy3686

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
So we’re playing Drysdale with LaCombe/Vaakanainen/Hagg type players?

I guess you could pair him with Fowler, but man we just continue to kind of do him a disservice it seems.

I don’t see Minty or Zell playing more than 10 NHL games this season, Verbeek has preached patience and I think will stick to it - even if it means playing plugs in bigger roles

robbieboy3686

Jan 17, 2016

I guess you could pair him with Fowler, but man we just continue to kind of do him a disservice it seems.

I don’t see Minty or Zell playing more than 10 NHL games this season, Verbeek has preached patience and I think will stick to it - even if it means playing plugs in bigger roles
He needs to step up himself first and foremost. No more sheltering, sink or swim time. Let’s not forget, he’s not a GM PV draft pick. And it’s very likely he signs a bridge deal. Those of you that think he’s the next fowler and just sticks around the team forever, might be in for a rude awakening. Gm PV is on record saying smaller dman will have a hard time in the league given all the tight hooking calls etc. we have lots of GM PV large draft pick studs in the pipeline behind him.

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
He needs to step up himself first and foremost. No more sheltering sink or swim time. Let’s not forget, he’s not a GM PV draft pick. And it’s very likely he signs a bridge deal. Those of you that think he’s the next fowler and just sticks around the team forever, might be in for a rude awakening. Gm PV is on record saying smaller dman will have a hard time in the league given all the tight hooking calls etc.
Respectfully, this is a bunch of nonsense. Drysdale is 21 for another 8 months. The idea that he shouldn’t be sheltered/helped out is, frankly, absurd. This is a rebuild and player development takes precedence

I don’t mind him in the top 4 but they need to find him a partner that isn’t a fringe NHL player if that’s going to be the case

robbieboy3686

Jan 17, 2016
Respectfully, this is a bunch of nonsense. Drysdale is not even 21 yet. The idea that he shouldn’t be sheltered/helped out is, frankly, absurd. This is a rebuild and player development takes precedence

I don’t mind him in the top 4 but they need to find him a partner that isn’t a fringe NHL player if that’s going to be the case
He’s probably not going to be in the top 4 to start this season. Let him get the rust off and thrive in a bottom pair roll until the trade deadline.

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
He’s probably not going to be in the top 4 to start this season. Let him get the rust off and thrive in a bottom pair roll until the trade deadline.
That’s fair and I don’t mind that. I’m going to be very irritated if I see him playing 21 minutes with Harrington as his partner though

Reactions: robbieboy3686

McDonald19

Sep 9, 2003
California

Fowler with Drysdale is a bad idea. They are both way too soft. I’m sure Gibson would love the front of his net to be a free for all 20+ minutes a night when they are out there together.

Sheltered on the 3rd pairing with Hagg after missing almost all of 22-23 wouldn’t be a bad thing.

Fowler-Gudas
LaCombe-Lyubushkin
Hagg-Drysdale

White, Vaak, Harrington fighting for 7th D role.

pbgoalie

Aug 8, 2010
Played well with Fowler down the stretch. Will see if he beats someone out at camp. With Vaak's injury history, may need another 7th D.
I have a tough time seeing Vaak as anything of value.
Injuries
No real impact on the ice when he played.

Maybe if he’s healthy for awhile he finds something, but he does t look like a solution to anything

Hamilton Bulldogs

Jan 11, 2022
I have a tough time seeing Vaak as anything of value.
Injuries
No real impact on the ice when he played.

Maybe if he’s healthy for awhile he finds something, but he does t look like a solution to anything
I found him to be an intelligent player in his own zone when transitioning the puck but hes lacking in a lot of other areas.

I know hes 24 but I think he could still use some seasoning in the AHL.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad