Confirmed with Link: Ducks sign RW Bryce Kindopp to ELC

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
Him and Sherwood are our most recent ones, and of course we've hit big in this area before with McDonald and Penner.

We did sign Kunitz too. It's odd seeing MDA (Mighty Ducks of Anaheim) on hockey reference, we're now ANA.

Andy Mac, Penner, and Kunitz were great finds. Maybe Benoit and Kindopp can pan out similarly.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Benoit is a good finding

NHL Transactions

Surely not all signings in there but most. At worst we got a good player for San Diego.
Benoit looks better and better - i`m excited for that signing.

Kindopp scored 39 last year and might challange 40 this year. Happy for this signing, will be an interesting addition for San Diego.

cheesymc

Feb 28, 2002
Irvine
Visit site
I'm excited for any prospect signing so that our scouts get something for their hard work. I just hope he was high on our scout's list because most of the top UFA prospects like going to bigger market teams. One concern I have is that the contract is for 3 years. They must really believe in him to offer that many years and I hope it doesn't turn into another Redmond contract that limits us from signing other UFA prospects. Its a lot less risk to have offered 1 or 2 and having the player turn into a RFA.

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
I'm excited for any prospect signing so that our scouts get something for their hard work. I just hope he was high on our scout's list because most of the top UFA prospects like going to bigger market teams. One concern I have is that the contract is for 3 years. They must really believe in him to offer that many years and I hope it doesn't turn into another Redmond contract that limits us from signing other UFA prospects. Its a lot less risk to have offered 1 or 2 and having the player turn into a RFA.
3 years is the required ELC for players of his age

FiveHoleTickler

Sponsor
Sep 21, 2018

3 years is standard entry level, no? I wasn't aware ELC's could sign for anything less. Or is that just standard practice since teams anticipated improvement and don't want their hands forced to giving out a raise?

cheesymc

Feb 28, 2002
Irvine
Visit site
3 years is the required ELC for players of his age

Oh, I thought we could offer 1 year or 2. Is it an age thing? We've signed college and Euro players for a 1 year contract, but those players were probably closer to 25.

Looks like Murray's flavor of the year is getting guys with speed. Finally catching up with the times, but probably not going to work if he still likes old school guys like Getzlaf, Backes, Deslauriers type of players who play possession along the boards.

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
Oh, I thought we could offer 1 year or 2. Is it an age thing? We've signed college and Euro players for a 1 year contract, but those players were probably closer to 25.

Looks like Murray's flavor of the year is getting guys with speed. Finally catching up with the times, but probably not going to work if he still likes old school guys like Getzlaf, Backes, Deslauriers type of players who play possession along the boards.
18-21 is 3 years, 22-23 is 2, 24 is 1

cheesymc

Feb 28, 2002
Irvine
Visit site
18-21 is 3 years, 22-23 is 2, 24 is 1

Cool, thanks for the info. I wonder if we could have signed him in July and offered a 2 year pact, but I'm sure he had interest from other teams too. Looking forward to seeing him in person at our development camps. We desperately need to hit on one of these signings... we've been signing fillers with little upside like Moldenhaurer or worse.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
Anyone remember Charlie Sarault? I was stoked we signed him when I saw his stats haha

Yeah I remember him. Didn’t we get him and Laganiere in the same offseason? The later has turned out to be a half decent player in Europe in fairness but he took a while to become a factor in the AHL.

mightyquack

eggplant and jade or bust
Apr 28, 2010
Yeah I remember him. Didn’t we get him and Laganiere in the same offseason? The later has turned out to be a half decent player in Europe in fairness but he took a while to become a factor in the AHL.
Even worse is that it was 7 years ago. Honestly can't believe it's that long ago already, feels like yesterday we signed them :laugh:

Reactions: Hockey Duckie

cheesymc

Feb 28, 2002
Irvine
Visit site
Interesting video highlighting Kindopps speed and shot/backhand. We likey targeted him for his speed, finishing, and power play success. Praying the outcome is better than Fiore!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad