Confirmed with Link: Ducks sign Fasth to Two-Year Extension

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
Bob ****ing murray!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edit: Does this mean Hiller is getting moved at the end of the year?

duxfever

Mar 29, 2009
Orange, CA
Love the signing and terms. Good to give Fasth some security earlier on without having to pay a hefty price if he were to play like this the entire season. Not sure what this means for our goalie situation though.

mightyquack

eggplant and jade or bust
Apr 28, 2010
Good for Fasth, and I'm quite happy he wanted to re-sign, guess that poster a few days ago was right about him being loyal :nod:

I do wonder about Hiller. 6.9m for both of them next season. I think this is still potentially a manageable amount for 2 quality goaltenders, but would Hiller be happy splitting time? Then again we do have Andersen in the minors right now, do the Ducks think he is potentially ready for an NHL backup role next season?

But would Hiller be happy splitting time?

BTW breakdown of the deal is :
Year 1: 2.4m
Year 2: 3.4m

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
Bob ****ing murray!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edit: Does this mean Hiller is getting moved at the end of the year?

Sure looks like Bob's phone may be ringing a little bit more now. ;)

It's earlier than I would have expected but it is the exact thing I recently speculated about. Sure hope Viktor is the real deal.

PhoenyX

Dec 13, 2009
Toronto
I like it. I don't know what this means about our goaltending situation going forward, but I like it.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
:yo:
This gives Andersen and Gibson (sadly, still injured) plenty of time to develop into studs. Murray has handled the goaltending situation really well. Good price on the deal I think. That's how much a good back up gets in this league, and if nothing else Victor has proved himself to be at least that much.

quentez

#8 Teemu Legend
Apr 2, 2011
Trondheim, Norway
Which trade/club could eventually be a good fit for us and Hiller? I'm thinking Islanders and Okposo, though he's had a subpar season so far.

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
Woah, didn't see that coming. Hiller trade bait now, or just let him walk after next year? Kind of have to think we have too much money invested in that position for a budget team.

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
Which trade/club could eventually be a good fit for us and Hiller? I'm thinking Islanders and Okposo, though he's had a subpar season so far.

Any team rumoured to be in the Luongo talks would definitely have interest in Hiller. Luongo is more expensive and would probably still fetch a bigger return. Hiller makes much more sense for a team like Toronto. If Hiller gets dealt this season I'd hope for Biggs, Nilsson, '13 2nd and a conditional '14 2nd that becomes a 1st if Leafs make the playoffs both seasons. Or maybe Ashton, Finn and a 1st.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
That's a lotta money after just 8 games.

http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=5147

8 games following a career of excellence.

Viktor has proven himself not only this year in the NHL, but the previous two seasons as the top goaltender in Sweden,” said Ducks Executive Vice President/General Manager Bob Murray. “We are pleased to be able to keep him and feel fortunate to have two top NHL goaltenders going forward.”

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
I wonder what does it says about Getz/Perry situation?

I`d like that we resign them first.

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
I think this is a pretty bold move from Murray. It's risky to sign him this early after only 8 games, but he takes the risk of Fasth walking away away. He also, potentially, saves a chunk of change. Fasth would be worth a fair bit more later in the season, if his play stays at this level.

Ducksgo*

I was thinking islanders or Florida as well. Florida was once rumored in the Luongo trade. I wouldn't mind Mattias and a pick for Hiller if we could somehow pull that off.

duxfever

Mar 29, 2009
Orange, CA
http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=5147

8 games following a career of excellence.

Viktor has proven himself not only this year in the NHL, but the previous two seasons as the top goaltender in Sweden,†said Ducks Executive Vice President/General Manager Bob Murray. “We are pleased to be able to keep him and feel fortunate to have two top NHL goaltenders going forward.â€

Wow. I knew he was impressive in Sweden, but never knew he was that impressive. Makes me even happier about this.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Why is 2.9 aav risky? This is good back up money. Hell some backups make 3 million. He's proven he can play in North America. Hasn't proven yet that he can dominate a whole season, but he obviously has the talent.

Ducksgo*

Why is 2.9 aav risky? This is good back up money. Hell some backups make 3 million. He's proven he can play in North America. Hasn't proven yet that he can dominate a whole season, but he obviously has the talent.

It's just his age though he's 30 can he really play past 31-32? He will be 33 once his contract has expired.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad