Confirmed with Link: Ducks sign Bodie, Rosehill, and Parent

Ducksgo*

Per ducks website

http://ducks.nhl.com/club/m_news.htm?id=650738

Haven't seen any news about this on our forum and thought I would share. If mods think this info should go elsewhere go ahead :)

Pretty stoked we got Bodie though.

Elvs

Jul 3, 2006
Sweden
Not too surprising. I think the Ducks only had 43 players under contract before, and that's including Gibson and Rakell who aren't AHL eligible. I'm more surprised they would give those three contracts but not Rod Pelley, but maybe he's still trying to negotiate a 1-way deal...

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
Cool opinion I respectfully disagree 100%

With Westgarth shipped out, who are the remaining heavyweights in the Pacific? I've lost track.

I tend to agree PL3 should be up with the main club for games as needed. Edmonton in particular with all the crap Sutton has pulled the last few games (no, not for Schultz before anyone gets all stupid about it :shakehead)

Dirk316

Nov 8, 2004
St Petersburg, Fl
With Westgarth shipped out, who are the remaining heavyweights in the Pacific? I've lost track.

I tend to agree PL3 should be up with the main club for games as needed. Edmonton in particular with all the crap Sutton has pulled the last few games (no, not for Schultz before anyone gets all stupid about it :shakehead)

Kings have none lots of middleweights, sj has Mcclaren, Phx Bizznasty, Dallas has the softest team in the league. The Ducks should take advantage of this just like they used to in the past and force teams to adapt not the other way around

Finnpin

"internet"
Oct 10, 2005
Helsinki
It's good to have organization depth in the pugilist department...plus it's not like these guys cost too much.

Kevin Forbes

Jul 29, 2002
Nova Scotia
www.kforbesy.ca
Just for fun, top 30 players last year in major penalties:
Code:
1	Brandon Prust	NYR	20
2	Shawn Thornton	BOS	20
3	Derek Dorsett	CBJ	19
4	Zenon Konopka	OTT	19
5	Cody McLeod	COL	18
6	Jared Boll	CBJ	18
7	Zac Rinaldo	PHI	16
8	Matt Martin	NYI	15
9	Brad Staubitz	MIN, MTL	15
10	Tim Jackman	CGY	14
11	Ryan Reaves	STL	14
12	Mike Rupp	NYR	13
13	Stu Bickel	NYR	12
14	Krystofer Barch	DAL, FLA	12
15	Matt Hendricks	WSH	11
16	Jamal Mayers	CHI	11
17	Kyle Clifford	LAK	11
18	Chris Thorburn	WPG	11
19	George Parros	ANA	11
20	Wayne Simmonds	PHI	10
21	Gregory Campbell	BOS	10
22	Chris Neil	OTT	10
23	Mike Brown	TOR	10
24	Ryane Clowe	SJS	9
25	Dale Weise	VAN	9
26	Jake Dowell	DAL	9
27	Eric Boulton	NJD	9
28	B.J. Crombeen	STL	9
29	Cam Janssen	NJD	9
30	David Clarkson	NJD	8

Again, just for fun, filtering that same list down to Western Conference teams:
Code:
1	Derek Dorsett	CBJ	19
2	Cody McLeod	COL	18
3	Jared Boll	CBJ	18
4	Brad Staubitz	MIN, MTL	15
5	Tim Jackman	CGY	14
6	Ryan Reaves	STL	14
7	Krystofer Barch	DAL, FLA	12
8	Jamal Mayers	CHI	11
9	Kyle Clifford	LAK	11
10	George Parros	ANA	11
11	Ryane Clowe	SJS	9
12	Dale Weise	VAN	9
13	Jake Dowell	DAL	9
14	B.J. Crombeen	STL	9

Finally, filtering that down by Western Conference playoff teams
Code:
1	Ryan Reaves	STL	14
2	Jamal Mayers	CHI	11
3	Kyle Clifford	LAK	11
4	Ryane Clowe	SJS	9
5	Dale Weise	VAN	9
6	B.J. Crombeen	STL	9

I dunno, all those quantities are pretty much half the other ones. It doesn't look like teams that have more fighters do any better or worse than teams that have fewer fighters.

Did it matter for the Kings playoff run that Clifford had 11 majors? Did it matter for the Colorado missing the playoffs that Cody McLeod had 18 majors?

I think there are more important questions to be answered for the Ducks, before debating whether the fourth line guy who plays 6 minutes a game should be skilled at punching people in the face.

These signings are a depth move, nothing more. If any of Bodie, Rosehill and Letourneau-Leblond see action in more than 20 games over this shortened season, then that is an indication that Ducks have a bit of a bigger problem than team toughness.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
I think we need a lot more toughness in our bottom 6 but more along the lines of a Travis Moen or Paul Gaustad types of player, not so much just a pure goon although I would prefer if we carried a decent heavyweight as the 13th forward.

TootooTrain

Sandpaper
Jun 12, 2010
Just want to give you guys some background on Rosey. Great team guy, always looking out for his teammates He is one of the better technical fighters. Maybe not quite a heavy-weight, but he can handle his own against the big boys.

Not just a pure fisticuffs player though. He skates hard, and has the bodycheck down to an art. Doesn't go out of his way to land a big hit but when he does, watch out. The big knock on him is getting carried away and taking stupid slashing/crosschecking penalties. You'll love him one night, and hate him the next hah.

Corey Perry*

Nice input

Better than your constant goon fetish BS. Seriously, guys with skill and grit (like a Travis Moen type), are what I think we have needed. Hopefully Winnik and DSP can provide that grit to the bottom 6 this year.

ninetynine*

Frazer McLaren and Paul Bissonnette. LA will not repeat, it was a fluke, it all came together at the right time.

Finnpin

"internet"
Oct 10, 2005
Helsinki
These signings are a depth move, nothing more.
Depth of course like these type of signings always are.. Getting few tougher guys in the organization is imo better than none... it keeps the other teams on their toes... plus less cheapshots hopefully against our team(s). You don't always have to drop the gloves, just the presence of some player in your lineup that can give you "pain day" is a IMO a plus...and we have now few "nutcases" to do it...Parros wasn't good at giving punishment when needed...only "show/staged fights". Also in Anaheim market fights gets people to crowd (I think)... just look at some "power players" ice girls comments...lot of them seem to be liking fights :D and Dirk likes them too :D

Last edited:

ninetynine*

Rosehill and Leblond are no worse than Staubitz, and unlike Staubitz are legit heavyweights. Stupid move having him in instead.

Jul 22, 2012
Rosehill and Leblond are no worse than Staubitz, and unlike Staubitz are legit heavyweights. Stupid move having him in instead.

Really? I thought Staubitz looked pretty good last game.. And I don't think I'm alone in thinking this either.

ninetynine*

Maybe speed-wise, but statistically Parros was and is light-years ahead of him. I can't see Staubitz getting too much time if Parros didn't, although Staubitz is playing tonight. Staubitz has zero hockey sense unfortunately and you'll see him take very stupid penalties. Also not defensively responsible, one thing he does do well is hit but like I said he's very risky and takes a lot more minors than Parros did as you'll find out soon. I like him, but I think Belesky does a better job at his role and a heavyweight like Rosehill or Leblond in Staubitz' roster spot would be more helpful to the Ducks this year. Make other teams play your game.

As DuckJet said (thought I think he was joking):

Rookie Mistake.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad