Recalled/Assigned: Ducks Recall Eight Players from Norfolk (AHL)

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
They'll probably just be at practice.

We've already got Sekac and Wiz ready in the event of an injury. And to an even more extreme event: Manson.

rmarion

Jun 2, 2007
IMO...needing more players for full checking, real time practice games...

randyc

Apr 2, 2007
Suffolk, Virginia
Black Aces

It is not unusual for the parent club to call up some deserving players from their affiliate if the affiliate's season is over. Every team does that. You get to preview some players for next year. They are just a practice squad. I can say as a Norfolk fan all of these players deserved this call up. They are referred to in many places as Black Aces.

Magnus the Duck

Nov 7, 2014
Sweden
It is not unusual for the parent club to call up some deserving players from their affiliate if the affiliate's season is over. Every team does that. You get to preview some players for next year. They are just a practice squad. I can say as a Norfolk fan all of these players deserved this call up. They are referred to in many places as Black Aces.

Cool, good to know.

Elvs

Jul 3, 2006
Sweden
Yeah all teams do this every year. I remember a bunch of rookies coming out on the ice wearing suits when the Ducks won the cup.

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
Welcome to the Black Aces! Great experience for the younger guys to catch a glimpse of NHL playoff hockey. If the Soo wasn't still playing we would probably see Ritchie up as well.

Kerdiles might be the only notable omission, did he finish the season with an injury? If not I don't see why he wouldn't be included here.

Norduck

youllneverquackalone
Feb 9, 2015
CA
Welcome to the Black Aces! Great experience for the younger guys to catch a glimpse of NHL playoff hockey. If the Soo wasn't still playing we would probably see Ritchie up as well.

Kerdiles might be the only notable omission, did he finish the season with an injury? If not I don't see why he wouldn't be included here.
He was out with a concussion for a looonnng while, but was back in for the last couple of games.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad