Confirmed with Link: Ducks re-sign Jamie Drysdale (3 years, $2.3M AAV)

Boo Boo

Jan 31, 2013
Important to note that if Carlsson burns a year of his deal this year, then all of Zegras, Drysdale, and Carlsson will need new contracts at the same time. And we will still have 1 more year of Strome, Gibson, and Killorn at that time.
Don’t forget our slew of dmen beginning their elc this year

Reactions: duxfan1101
Aug 11, 2011
Am Yisrael Chai
Hmmm, seems like JD may have had some leverage.

Glad that's over with.

Important to note that if Carlsson burns a year of his deal this year, then all of Zegras, Drysdale, and Carlsson will need new contracts at the same time. And we will still have 1 more year of Strome, Gibson, and Killorn at that time.
giphy.gif

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
Buying out their last year will create 4.25M in cap space for Gibson (2.1M charge the next year), 3.3M for Strome (1.6M charge the next year), and 4.1M for Killorn (2M charge the next year)

Henrique Iglesias

Jun 15, 2009
Alberta, Canada
The next few years will be very interesting. We have a lot of up and coming studs and we won’t be able to keep them all long term.

JAHV

Sponsor
Oct 3, 2023
Anaheim, CA
I think that's a good deal for the Ducks. I figured this would be the deal for a two-year contract. Getting a third year at this price is really good for Anaheim, assuming Drysdale can be relatively healthy the next three seasons.

Rybread86

To the DOME
Mar 24, 2022
OC
Good deal. I figured the money would be close to this. I thought originally like $2-2.125 or something, but thought it was just going to be 2 years. 3 years at the AAV is nice.

Gives both JD and Z a few years to really earn their next contracts while keeping control of the assets.

Gliff

Tank Commander
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2011
Tennessee
Honestly, this deal and the Z deal both are totally fair for both sides. it is insane that it took this long to get done. Neither side, in both deals, "won".

The Ducks may get absolutely railed in 3 years having to possibly resign all of these guys in the same offseason:
Zegras
Drysdale
Carlsson
Fowler
Minty
Zellweger

Reactions: Kalv

DavidBL

Jul 25, 2012
Orange, CA
Honestly, this deal and the Z deal both are totally fair for both sides. it is insane that it took this long to get done. Neither side, in both deals, "won".

The Ducks may get absolutely railed in 3 years having to possibly resign all of these guys in the same offseason:
Zegras
Drysdale
Carlsson
Fowler
Minty
Zellweger
That is quite the list. Hopefully he works on extensions the year before to get a head start.

Reactions: lwvs84

Quackenator

Mar 6, 2018
Poulsbo, Wa

Zegras
Drysdale
Carlsson
Fowler
Minty
Zellweger
Do we need to resign Fowler at that point?

Rybread86

To the DOME
Mar 24, 2022
OC

Zegras
Drysdale
Carlsson
Fowler
Minty
Zellweger

Fowler will get a retirement contract at like $3mil or something. So not really worried about him.

When you consider how many roster spots will be open and the fact that the cap will probably be up at least 3-4mil (if not more), I dont think it will be super difficult to make it happen. Figure too that Gudas and Killorn are essentially gone. No Henrique or Silfverberg.

Trying to think of worst case...
Z - 10mil
Drysdale - $6mil
Carlsson - $10mil
Fowler - $3mil
Minty & Zell - both RFAs, probably nothing north of $5mil at that time

I think we're set up fine.

Reactions: Kalv and Daz28

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad